• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

God told YOU about ME???

The thing I reserve for the "God told me" people is "How does that line up with scripture?"

If it is consistent with scripture, I should probably heed the word, if not, ummmmmmm, then not. So someone saying god told them poly was wrong... not so much.

In my case, although I have found overwhelming support for biblical
polygyny/patriarchy, I don't have a call or leading in that direction. (Do I hear someone knocking?). Been thinking about a bumper sticker that says honk if you approve of polygyny. Hehe. Not sure if that would work, but it's a lot harder to be crucified for something you believe is permissible for others rather than something you practice or are planning to practice yourself. imho.
I can just see the convo playing out. Me, a polygamist?! Nope, but I can't find anything wrong with it biblically. How bout you?

Not to be flippant, or make light of others troubles. Sorry if it comes off that way.
I just think the message is sometimes better received when it's done by someone with no skin in the game except a dedication to biblical accuracy

Sorry gotta go. Somebody knocking again. Lol

Interesting question. I think I would reply that I try to be a biblicist? Believing that a biblically endorsed form of marriage is acceptable doesn't make me a monogamist if I am practicing polygyny. I think it's possible to be pro poly or pro mono without practicing either.

Love the way you worded the premise though. Made me think for a minute.

Back