• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

God's Girl 4 Family

4Family

Hello Everyone - my name is Toni and I reside in Phoenix, AZ - nice to meet you! I came upon the Biblical Families site just recently, and it was a pleasant surprise. I say this because I wasn't aware there was a Christian outlook on the subject of plural marriage. I think it's Great! I'm single, but can see how normal & natural it would be for a man to be able to love more than one woman. I determined to do a little research on the subject in order to see for myself those scriptures which show this to be of God. It was then that I came upon this site. I'm excited to come on board, to learn, and be part. I've had the opportunity to speak to a few others on here already, and appreciate their kindness & warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to meeting more new friends as well.

Hoping everyone is having a great day/night - know I'm wishing you...

Peace & Blessings!!
Toni

Welcome Toni! Yeah, finding BF was a great thing for my wife and I as well. There are some really great people associated with the site. If no one's mentioned it yet, there's a ladies only chat on Tuesday evenings, and I know Cherie has really enjoyed those. I'd encourage you as well to not be shy about starting new topics, or commenting on really old topics with your thoughts. It's kind of quiet on here sometimes, and new perspectives help spark conversation! I've never once been given a hard time because a topic was already covered somewhere.

Look forward to seeing your posts!

Welcome from north of the oven

Hi Toni. Glad you found Biblical Families.
I'm sure you will make friends here, and find more locals then you expected.
I haven't made the ladies chat in weeks, but I always enjoy it when I do.
I couldn't agree more on how natural poly could be, among people who are not prejudiced against it.
I hope to see you in the chat, and on the forum.

Jolene

Welcome 4Family! Dan is right. I have been enjoying ladies chat on Tuesday evenings, though sometimes it's going so fast that I can't keep up with it all and I just read. The link to it as at the top of the Forum main page.

Thanks you guys :) Very nice to hear from each of you. I look forward to sharing together more. I will do my best to get on the girls chat since it is Tuesday - will have to see what time it is. thanks again!!

Well, I located the link, and I received a message saying I needed to add 'plug ins'...I am not so technologically savy, and when clicking to install didn't work, I figured I just won't be able to do this tonight. I prefer talking over texting & typing any day, so if any of you are up for a chat, would love doing so.

hey Cherie - writing you here real quick since you mentioned how my message to you didn't get sent till midnight, and I responded to that message 5:08pm AZ time, just a little over two hours ago, and was away from the computer chatting with Jolene, but when I came back to the computer I noticed the msg I sent then is still in my outbox. I don't know why it isn't sending when I hit send then. Just thought I had better place a note on this so you would know I replied back. Maybe it will show up at midnight again?? :{

Hey Dan - hope you are doing well. I was wondering if there was a story behind your username that was an amazing memory for you. When I look at Cherie's GloryGirl, I just think on how she is a girl of glory since she knows the Lord. With 'untold glory' I can basically guess on it's meaning, but just thought I would ask to see if there is some was some experience you had, or personal thoughts on the matter, that made you choose such a username. Just curious.

Hi Jolene, Well it seems nothing is working right for me, as I went to email you after we spoke, and when I went to send from yahoo, I got the following msg:

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.
Temporary error: 1
Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions
Try Again

Between my msgs not going out on here when I click to send that they stay sitting in my outbox, to yahoo not sending either...what gives? Must not be a good night for messages, LOL

I get the note that I need plugins too. Just click Flash instead, and you should be able to log in without them.
Hope to see you there next week!!! Oh and welcome! :D

Hello again Toni.
On this board, the messages sit in the outbox until that person logs in and checks their messages. As to your yahoo, I can't vouch for what they do. Lol

And welcome from me too Toni! Computers are so wonderful aren't they, always do just what you expect... :) There are three different interfaces for the chat room (flash, java, mobile I think). Try them out sometime and see what works, the room is always open, then you'll be ready for next week.

Well Toni, I wish the reality held up to the story you had building in your mind! Long and short of it is that I despise putting random numbers after a user name, so I set about finding one that was unlikely to be used anywhere, but I also liked the sound of. There's a better than decent chance if you ever see the tag "UntoldGlory" anywhere it's me, there have only been a handful of places it's already been taken.

Since I've started using it I've considered including the phrase in some song lyrics, but haven't actually gotten around to it yet.Something along the lines of

"You have yet unsung praises,
and untold glory.
All of human life,
is just a page in your story!"

You know, a song about the vastness and ineffability of God. Actually, that's not terrible, I may expand on that a bit. I'm thinking 4/4, 100 bpm. In my head I'm hearing it in the key of Am. Like, C G Am F as a chorus chord progression. So there you go, maybe eventually I'll have a good story to go along with the user name!

Back