• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Good Videos

NickF

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male

"Help, I'd like to be married, but I'm not meeting anyone"​

It's all about telling young women to "get uncomfortable" if you're having a hard time finding someone to marry. The applicable thing for us here is poly makes people uncomfortable.

On her list of things to do she very quickly mentioned going to be with a Christian family in Guatemala. She got that close to making the leap to seeing herself as another wife in that good Christian family. And then she later mentions a couple in South Africa that was calling to her.

I get it with being uncomfortable enough to make a move. I once wrote a list of the women who come into this life and all of them have to have big reasons. They're very uncomfortable and poly is their best solution.

Hard to miss the burden of student loan debt that this lady mentions.

A theme she comes back to again and again is she was looking for a purpose in her life.

Listening to her talk I can tell she needs to drink more coffee. :eek:

She is right that connections are the best way to meet a family. That's a very big reason why I want my kids to meet other kids from good families.

Totally unrelated video, but I think it is an interesting song. Most of this guys songa are in Russian, but he has a few in English.

On her list of things to do she very quickly mentioned going to be with a Christian family in Guatemala. She got that close to making the leap to seeing herself as another wife in that good Christian family. And then she later mentions a couple in South Africa that was calling to her.
I might have missed that....but it didn't sound to me like poly was ever on the table. I only heard her talking about families that had mission's or ministries of sorts that she purposed to help with.

It would be nice if more could see the possibility of joining a family. Hubby has a neice with a 2 yr old daughter. She has been opposed to the idea for the 18 years or so she has heard me talking about it. Her and her big sis always told me "You just want/need a maid" or "You just want/need a nanny" and I always knew that would be temporary....and I wanted something permanent!
Our daughter has watched her little girl here in our home for over 2 years, but is stopping now for several reasons. That gal stopped in for sheep milk for her daughter....and sure seemed uncomfortable about two women working on dinner in the kitchen. She knows this lovely gal has been here a lot. I'm sure she doesn't want to think about it...or talk about it. Lol

My mom told me long ago that her family had often been 20 years ahead of the trends. Of course that was relating to eating alfalfa sprouts, not vaxxing children, homeschooling and such. I sincerely hope in 20 years more women will consider the security of proven men of integrity over looking through, and trying to select from, the "available" players and losers.

I sincerely hope in 20 years more women will consider the security of proven men of integrity over looking through, and trying to select from, the "available" players and losers.
This is what I’m trying to communicate @Bartato

This lovely woman just says it more eloquently than I.

This is what I’m trying to communicate @Bartato

This lovely woman just says it more eloquently than I.
Sorry if I didn't communicate it well, but I am already in agreement with you. I just hadn't thought about some of the issues you raised. I really appreciate your insights.

I figured you were, and glad I could offer some useful insights!

Wasn't trying to beat a dead horse, just loved what she had to say there and had to share it.

Back