• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

grace and peace be unto you

ByRonWaUS

Here comes ByRon the polygamist not to be confused with the monogamist who died a week ago under the crushing weight of my Head's Word.
So this is what is going on in His life[that He lets me share] I have run this past our associate pastor and an elder brother in a vain attempt to prove that you all are just cultist. But the best answer I got for not walking this path was you took an oath to do something that is not sin so to keep it would not be sin and and I was willing to let that be but my Lord would not. I had no peace so I got my wedding video out and it SEEMS {there is a way that seems right} that even four years back God had this month in mind because the vows we took did not include "forsaking all others" instead we said that we would give "fidelity" in the name of Father,Son, Holy Spirit so as you know that means to do ones duty but in the name means that He says what those duties are, and I was back to "If a man knows to do good and does it not to him it is sin."
The next steps as I see it is to talk to both of our pastors and see if we can continue in the church I was saved in and where most of my family worships on Sundays, finish my book, and build my prototype so that I will have the money and time to care for more then one Gune and the children that are sure to come.
Well that is all for now I know it is not even a chapter but such is life
ByRon out

ps
when Laura makes her account I will have her post her introduction as a reply here

Hi ByRon.

Welcome to Biblical Families!

Thanks for the intro.

Sounds like you have been doing some serious thinking.

Was there anything in particular that caused the scales to fall from your eyes?

Regards,

ylop

you took an oath to do something that is not sin

They really need to rethink this position, and whether taking an oath that can directly contradict God's Law is "not sin". And what type of person would encourage anyone to stick to something entered into under a misunderstanding or false doctrinal belief?

He had already said that yes in The Law it is alowed but in my case I could perform the vow and there by not have to take another woman. He was not saying I was bound. He was trying to show me a way out of something that for him would be ungodly. Because GOD it turns out has not given him the will so for him it would be sin that is leaving the path He put under his feet. So not think that my elder was saying a vow trumps the will of God. I am glad to hear from you guys thanks for the work you put in to this.

I doubt if your local pastor discussions on the topic are productive, but many try. It does serve to cement the truth in the heart as the denominational and prejudicial church policy becomes very adversarial. It is good you found a place such as here to fellowship.

My husband vowed to forsake all others at our wedding. He made the vow to me, and I released him from that vow. Therefore, it seems to me, if your wife releases you from your fidelity vow, that's all that matters.

Katie

sola scriptura said:
My husband vowed to forsake all others at our wedding. He made the vow to me, and I released him from that vow. Therefore, it seems to me, if your wife releases you from your fidelity vow, that's all that matters.

Katie
AMEN

and if so, it is not an important point.
if you had made the vow to her and she did not release you, then you would have a relationship problem instead of a theological one.
but you never made the vow, so it is only a smokescreen.
agreeing with welltan, when the excuses run out expect it to go downhill fast.

The point of talking to the pastors is to do every thing orderly not to " get permission" so it will be productive. On the vow my point was the fidelity just means doing your duty your duty is defined BY the athority that the vow is under so under God that word is not the some as forsaking all others.

ByRon,

First of all, welcome to the forums. Sorry I did not get the chance to greet you earlier, as my schedule right now only permits me to be online with BF a few times a week.

Second, I would just say this regarding conversations with pastoral leadership: it sounds like a good idea, and it may even feel right to do it, but more often than not, it will create more problems than it solves. This is coming from someone that actively pastored churches for more than fifteen years. This can be especially difficult if you have had a positive spiritual relationship with that pastor. There are, of course, exceptions, but most in pastoral leadership positions are accountable for their position to a church board, or their denomination, and will not do anything to jeopardize that position, EVEN IF THEY WERE TO AGREE WITH YOU.

Third, regarding vows. Let's say, before you came to know Christ as Savior and Lord, you made a vow to God to avenge the death of your father by killing his murderer. Now that you are a believer, are you bound by that vow? A couple of questions come to mind: the first question is, was it a reasonable vow to begin with, and secondly, have the conditions changed regarding the vow?

The answer to the first question is, the vow was not reasonable because it went against Biblical principles to begin with. Therefore, it is not a legitimate vow, and the person should repent from making such vows. God can forgive that.

The answer to the second question is, yes, the conditions have changed. In the scenario above, you are now a believer, and as a believer, Jesus told us to not only pray for, but to love our enemies. Therefore, the vow is regarded as null and void because now a HIGHER VOW (the vow between God and the believer) is now in effect.

In your case, you need to ask the same questions: was it a reasonable vow to begin with, and have the conditions changed regarding the vow?

By the way, in case anyone has not pointed this out already, there is no place in Scripture that says that couples have to exchange vows to be married. The vows that we customarily use today are to be found NOWHERE in the Bible; they are simply a matter of LEGAL and CULTURAL tradition. That being said, wouldn't it be better to have a BIBLICAL marriage based on the principles of the Word or God, rather than a marriage based on legal and cultural vows?

I know I have given you a lot to chew on. Take little bites, chew each one, swallow, then go to the next.

Love ya, ByRon, and I am praying for you here from South Korea!

Doc

Doc, Thanks I understand your points and why you made then that is I have lessoned to your past shows so I have some understanding of where you are coming from, however it seems that everyone has missed the point I was making about vows in general and in my case so let me say this as clearly as I know how I maintain that a duty is defined by the authority that it is under so if you claim a duty under the second amendment you must defined that duty by that amendment if you claim God as the authority then He defines the duties. I thought "yes I can let all this just slide because of my vow but I do not vow to FORSAKE i vowed under God fidelity which means to "faithfully perform a duty" so if God defines my duty as Monogamy then that is what I must do However I if God defines it as providing loving leadership, food, clothes, and sex and that is all then I can not add Forsaking all others to the list of duties or I am i rebellion; that ruined the just let it slide argument.
As for speaking to pastors it is because it will likely cause problems that respect dictates that I talk to them before any action is taken that might get them in hot water. In talking to my pastors I am looking ONLY to see if 1 they can show me that I am wrong if they could I would repent gratefully but I am walking down this road as far as my Master takes me. 2 to know what to expect from the church I grew up in if HE puts another Gune in my care. 3 to be respectful.

Understood, ByRon. Most of us have done the same. And had it result in ruptured relationships. Apparently can't be avoided. At a guess, Doc was mainly attempting to prepare you for what is most likely to come. But it sounds to me as though you are definitely doing the honorable and right thing.

I, too, went to pastors. Several of them. A few privately agreed with me. Some took aggressive action against me. A very few were actively supportive or at least accepting. Similar rsponses among family members.

Good luck.

ByRon,

You have to be led of the Lord in all things, and I would encourage that.

As far as my words, don't think of my times of 'waxing eloquent' as a 'thus saith the Lord'. Rather, think of it as the old guy sitting at the counter in the coffee shop who has seen it all before. ;)

Blessings,

Doc

Welcome to the forums! I respect your honorable way of handling your life and your pastors. I have begun to think I should "come out" about what I think on one of the other forums I am a member of, but I am not sure of the timing or approach yet. I think it is important to say what we believe and not pretend to just agree with everyone else, so I salute you.

I look forward to hearing from your wife! It is wonderful to have more ladies to talk to about this, and since she will be a "first Gune", perhaps she and I will have much to talk about as this path unfold for all of us. My husband is currently talking to a woman about being a second wife and so far it seems promising.

*types nervously*

Hi everyone. I'm ByRon,Wa,US first Gune and is married to him by the State..

Goodness. Where to start? My life has turned upside down just before Thanksgiving 2011 and was hopeing for a dull end of the year, but the Lord had other plans--which excites/terrifies me and the future that soon to come.

My man has showed me the Scriptures, the information on this topic and the benefits it would bring. But still, my past has given me unsecureity and not a loving atmosphere. And I wondering why of all the women out there, ByRon choosed me, a troubled soul, to be his first Gune? So this brings the ugliness I grew up in my parents home. But little by little, that is changing; I look around and feel blessed what God has given me. So as DocInKorea says, "Take small bites. Chew and chew. Then swallow." and that is what I'm doing now. Byron has reassured over and over of his love on me, but his love for God always trumps me so Im happy about that. That is truly a man among boys; Byron fears the Lord.

Many ladies out there have 'boys masquerading as men' for boyfriends or simply have no man at all, so they go back to their fathers--it really isn't right to my eyes but what is a woman to do? I feel for them because I was once one of them...I didn't have a boyfriend until I met Byron and he was direct, not a boy but a man on a mission lookning for a wife. And I caught his eye..

So far, I undertand the morales of polygamy---it is hard to accept it might be happening to me. But realizing that I have no authority on my man, ONLY GOD does. And that gives me comfort. If the Lord gives Byron a second Gune, then it God's decision to do so. I pray for strength, peace and guidance on my being for the upcoming choas it would bring. From our friends, families, church, etc. But what matters is God and what pleases Him.

*bows respectfully* Sorry I don't know what else to type at the moment. It's been a hectic weekend. Thank you for taking notice of me, Diener. I feel like a small fish in a pool of paranas..

Thank you all
Laura out..

Doc I am sorry to have been short with you. I was in a bad mood because I often forget that most people say almost what they mean, therefor, most people just try to get the Idea of what they are reading without paying to much attention to details. And I being strongly melancholy or beaver if you like the animal trait names I will not post until I have each word saying what I mean. And if you know the personality types {as all patriarch should} then you know the best way to hurt a melancholy is to disrespect him so when I looked at three posts all of which did not hear what I had said I quite frankly let myself get mad one of the MANY ways that I do not live up to the full measure of Christ. CecilW, I love your posts. I have laughed out loud more then once reading your stuff and I think you are right about what Doc was doing. I am thinking that if I take another Gune my home church will brake fellowship with me and mine so I am counting the cost right now and telling myself to go slow just because a man can does not mean I must. on the other hand is I have a friend who is ten years older then me. and his oldest daughter was dumped just after she was found to be with child.

Back