• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greeting and genuine question

Does anyone really care?
We keep it on the down-low because of ministry, but the neighbors and Sheriffs Department know and have no problem using our services.
We live in a subdivision.
No, I don't think anyone cares. In some ways, liberal city folks might be more open minded about poly than rural folks.

Having lived in rural Idaho and Eastern Washington, the Bible belt in Oklahoma, and a major university town (Gainesville FL), I can say that poly would probably raise less eyebrows in the university town.

I guess I was speaking more from my personal preference for rural living, and the fact that the cost of living tends to be lower in rural areas. He brought up the issue of "affording more wives". If the wives don't work outside the home, then I think a small rural homestead offers a lot of advantages.

If the wives don't work outside the home,
There are home based businesses, if the husband has one and they help him…. All the better.
Some hbb work better with neighbors for customers.
So you can’t make a blanket statement, other than “I’d prefer…..”. Yeah, so would I. 😊

There are home based businesses, if the husband has one and they help him…. All the better.
Some hbb work better with neighbors for customers.
So you can’t make a blanket statement, other than “I’d prefer…..”. Yeah, so would I. 😊
Good point 👍
"I prefer" ☺️

Does anyone really care?
We keep it on the down-low because of ministry, but the neighbors and Sheriffs Department know and have no problem using our services.
I have found that the world doesnt care what you do. It is the religious people that will make a big deal of our life. I know...I used to be one. Then I got divorced and the world didn't care. Matter of fact, they welcomed me with open arms at the bar, cig in one hand and beer in the other.

I have found that the world doesnt care what you do. It is the religious people that will make a big deal of our life. I know...I used to be one. Then I got divorced and the world didn't care. Matter of fact, they welcomed me with open arms at the bar, cig in one hand and beer in the other.
Totally agree.

We are "out" to many people in our small community, but anticipate criticism and perhaps condemnation from the very religious friends. Much of his family are opposed, a few are supportive.
I knew long ago I would never trade a sisterwife for the approval of my sisters in law that are all busy with their own families.

It is surprising sometimes who freaks out the most.

Does anyone really care?

I guess it depends on where you live, too. Like we were sort of in the country in Cali and the neighbors were all up in our business. In Wyoming no one cares what you do so long as you're a good neighbor.

I have long noticed that the more liberal and tolerant people say they are the less they are in practice. In practice it's the more conservative and traditional people who mind their own business if you mind yours.

I have long noticed that the more liberal and tolerant people say they are the less they are in practice.
Yup, the only tolerance that they are interested in is you tolerating all of their crap.

I have long noticed that the more liberal and tolerant people say they are the less they are in practice. In practice it's the more conservative and traditional people who mind their own business if you mind yours.

Very true. I am a conservative Bible believing Christian with conservative values. I really do not care what other people are doing in their homes. Don't want to know about it and don't care.

Hello, I was referred to the blog with questions regarding the act of Polygamy.

Brief background:
I am 26 years old and live in sunny Miami, FL with my beautiful wife of 2 years.
To make a very long story short, she cannot bear any children due to surgeries and medical reasons. I was introduced to this concept of polygamy as a means to produce my own children, but I have a few questions that I need answered about this practice.

1) How on Earth do you afford to keep a 2nd family and maintain a lifestyle?

2) you would obviously have to keep your 2nd marriage hidden from Govt entities, how do you accomplish this outside of small, more accepting, communities? (I.e living in a large city)

3) How do you keep a 2nd wife submissive when she could EASILY leave at her own will with your children a make you pay child-support?
Welcome from Tampa area!

I am by no means a Christian. I understand that this is a Faith and Bible-based blog but I do NOT follow any faith.
I could be best described as a typical Agnostic. I believe god has to be real as the theories of time-extensive evolution, old world theorum, and even social psychology are utter nonsense. Simply put, God has to be real because without a god present everything we do is both simultaneously right and wrong based purely on emotion.
Welcome.

I am definitely not a 'sunday-skool' type, and don't think 'Easter' has anything to do with Him, and once would've called myself 'agnostic' as well. Before I started to read His Book, for myself, As Written. Which started about simultaneously with understanding that polygyny (that is the proper word, you will see) is more than just 'acceptable,' but an essential element of understanding 'marriage,' and my decision to seriously study Scripture to see what else I had been lied to about.

The result was that I realized we really HAVE "inherited lies from our fathers," and crap we'd been told about marriage (especially when 'licensed' by 'another master') was just one [albeit big] part of the problem.

So, I encourage you to study for yourself. I believe you'll find the Answer to be undeniable.

But, I would be remiss if I didn't point out what I now know to be Truth:

(for some of the reasons others have already noted)

If you don't find a woman who will not ONLY 'love you' and your family, but love YHVH, the God of Creation and Author of Scripture, even more - and then walk that way as head of your house -
- sorry, but you literally don't have a prayer of making it work.

Point of clarification as I foolishly left this out.
I am by no means a Christian. I understand that this is a Faith and Bible-based blog but I do NOT follow any faith.
I could be best described as a typical Agnostic. I believe god has to be real as the theories of time-extensive evolution, old world theorum, and even social psychology are utter nonsense. Simply put, God has to be real because without a god present everything we do is both simultaneously right and wrong based purely on emotion.

I would commend you to reading the Bible. First, because it is the chief of all claimants to explaining God (for good reason). And second because the true Christian mindset revealed in the New Testament is the ideal one for a husband; whether you have one wife or two.

I say as revealed in the New Testament because most 'Christian' teachings on the matter are spurious attempts to shoehorn the Bible into the feminist women worship they actually practice.

Back