• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings from 901 (AKA Memphis)

MiloCroton RN BSN B.S.

Real Person
Male
Primary Identity: Slave of Jesus

Side Gigs:
-Husband to a nurse.
-Male Nurse, Med-Surg (yes, I can multitask and handle co-workers complaints about forgetting their breast pump attachments over lunch, assuming I get a lunch).
-Grappler - wrestling base (folkstyle, freestyle, Greco-Roman), Jiu Jitsu/submission
-Play theologian and apologist
-I like turtles! I've had my female Sternotherus odoratus since third grade. I also have three cats, so don't tell me animals are not capable of evil (used to be 4).
-I enjoy controversial things that go bang

Important theological distinctions:
-Young Earth Creationism
-Southern Baptist with a strong Reformed Baptist leaning
-Doctrines of Grace
-Biblical Counseling over psychology/Christian counseling
-Amillennial Orthodox Preterist

Formal Education:
Religion/Philosophy, Biology, Chemistry, Nursing, Marriage and Family, Worldview and Apologetics

Why I am looking at this forum:
I have known polygyny was Biblically acceptable for over a decade, however it was not until recent trials with marriage that I began to look at it as an option. Wife and I both are researching and praying about it.

My first conscious consideration of polygyny:
Years ago while attending a program at Focus on the Family (which was enjoyable and overall beneficial), I heard a prominent speaker during a lunch session boast about how they were able to give counsel to Christians overseas with different cultural backgrounds. A middle aged man had written to them from an African country stating that he had recently become Christian but was married to two women. The speaker stated that there was nothing in the Bible on how to handle this situation, so they counseled the man to only choose one wife to have sex with, but allow the other to stay in the home since she would have been outcast in that culture. To keep this fairly wholesome, I’ll just say that moment was a real eye opener to just how foolish following tradition over scripture will make one. That very well may rank with some of the worst advice in the history of man.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet!

Welcome! :)
In my experience this is a great place full of outstanding people.
I hope your wife will participate in the forum and chat. Hope you both are blessed by being here.

Back