• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings from SC

P. Jagger

Hello everyone!

Goodness I hardly know where to begin... I'm 27, married with a child, and we've been open to the idea of a second wife for many years now. There was a candidate a while ago, but she wasn't entirely open to sharing a husband and moved on. My family isn't perfect, but its perfect for me. With the recent addition of a baby and all the sturggles and rewards that accompany motherhood, I'd let go of the idea of polygamy. We would be "polys on the inside". :lol:

Last week, out of the blue, my husband said he'd had a dream concerning another wife. I don't feel comfortable sharing it here, but he said he felt ashamed to have given up on this principle. The dream re-newed his calling.

I suppose I'm just here looking for support. Plural marriage is a lot of work. Until my son was born, I was my husband's biggest cheerleader for finding a second wife, which is so strange, I know... Don't get me wrong, I'm as certain as ever that God has another wife in store for us. But I don't feel prepared like I once did.

Thanks for listening. I'm so glad to be here and be able to share my story.

PJ

Welcome PJ! It is great to have another family in SC. I love that state! I hope you will be able to make the time to read and post on the forums. I also hope you will join us on Tuesday nights for Ladies Chat. The link is at the top of the Forum page. It is a good way to get to know some of the ladies here.

It is not unusual to be all "excited and positive" at the beginning of this truth and then have that fade into reality, if you will, later on. It tells me good things about you that you didn't just freak out and push it away at the beginning. But life changes take some adjustment time, just as you are adjusting to having a new baby in your family. It is all wonderful at the beginning but then reality of logistics (and our desire to be the best parents ever) can be a bit overwhelming. I know God will help you walk this path if it is for you to do so. And we are here to support you in anyway we can.

With hope for the future!

Julie,

Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement. Its so easy to slide into the "I should be doing more!" mentality. I would love to join up for one of the chat sessions. Every Wednesday morning I think "d'oh!"

I've dug into Doc's "Arguments against Objections to Polygamy" - is that the right title? - and what an overload! Really enjoying this site.

Thanks again!

Belated greetings to you! I have been busy with ministry and school here in Korea for the past couple of weeks and haven't been on much. I hop ethat you are continuing to grow in your walk with the Lord.

Thanks for the upvote on the objections.

My only advice is to take it slow, don't try to do too much at once. Give yourself and your relationship time to absorb all the new information you receive. Feel free to check out other sites as well.

One of the unique features of BF is to provide an opportunity for fellowship among like-minded believers. You will find a variety of denominational backgrounds here, so we come to this issue of plural marriage from a number of different directions. Sometimes, we collide, but rarely on purpose lol.

More important than plural marriage, is your own relationship with Jesus Christ. Make sure to keep that pure and sweet; all the rest will work itself out.

Blessings,

Doc

Back