• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings from the UK

FollowingHim said:
Good on you leaving that church. My parents left our local church when I was 9 (for different reasons), and for the remainder of my childhood we had "church" at home. This was brilliant, and absolutely foundational to my understanding of scripture. "Church" for us was very simple - every Sunday morning everyone in the family would read the Bible for half an hour in silence. Everyone would have an understandable translation (young children would have bible story books, we even had a comic-book version of the Bible which was great). Afterwards we'd talk about what we learnt. Often we'd keep reading by choice as we were interested in what we'd been reading.

My parents also ensured we had an extensive amount of Answers In Genesis literature on Creation. We spent many hours reading this, and I actually learnt tonnes of science from it, leading in the end to my current career. But most importantly that taught me that the Bible is true and reliable, and we can actually believe exactly what it says.

And reading exactly what it says and following that rather than the words of man led me to realise very early on that there is nothing wrong with polygamy.

Just thought I'd mention this to encourage you that this can work. My one piece of caution is that you must keep it up. Our family "church" times worked well for a few years, then my parents became more slack about it and I found myself having to push to ensure that it actually continued for the benefit of my younger siblings. Don't let it slip, make sure you keep focussed on making sure both you and your children have regular times of Christian teaching directly from the Bible.

we Have been christians a very long time and it has always been our centre. the idea of being "SLACK" just does not come into it. we have found the balance in life with God that works and we find through this peace. life and prosperity.. God is our compass and he guides us daily... thanks for your comments and we agree with your sentiments

Hiya all

Wife and i would be pleased to be part of this group retreat in Europe or the UK , depending on how many choose to participate would mean to us if done in the UK if we can accommodate the retreat and or the accommodation of those attending. we are here to help how we can.

William

Praise God and all his Glory, through him life is possible

(I'd opened a topic under "Retreats, Meetups, Local Connections" some time ago. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to continue the discussion/planning there?)

I'm in Munich. We live in an apartment. There are nice hotels here.

When would be most convenient?

Dear Yaakov

sorry we did not get the IM.. and i apologise for being gone so long . we were away .. please resend your im..
Now we are going to work on finding a second wife for our marriage, we have been praying about this a long time and we think the time is now right. it seems most definately God is steering in that very direction. Even our children have said things that correspond with this and they do not know anything about it as yet.. Best or worst of all. we have no idea how. so we will let God guide us

about this retreat in europe.
if it is in austria [easy flight connections to vienna / bratislava or graz or salzburg] count us in (we are a family with 3 small children), for the purpose of biblical fellowship and getting to know one another.
nina/josh

Back