• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings

Chaplain

Real Person
Hello one and all.
I would like to introduce my self as it seems a couple of people on here already know one another. I am a Licensed and Ordained Minister that serves our Lord as a Chaplain. I serve as a Chaplain for my Civil War re-enactment Unit down here on the Black Bayou in Louisiana, and preach at various re-enactments held down here. I also serve as my local and State Chaplain of a National Veterans / Hertiage group I belong to. I work in the Gulf of Mexico as a oil field hand ( for my service as a Chaplain has no pay ). I have just celebrated 28 yr. of marriage to my wife this past weekend ( though I was offshore at the time ). My wife and I are following the Lord word in seeking a " sisterwife " with that person being her close friend of 26 yrs. There is lots going on in her friends life right now so we are going at it real slow. It is great to be here on the board and I hope that it grows more and more everyday.

Hi Chaplain, "welcome" back at ya! You're right, some of us do know each other, but that's because we're just getting started - as we send notices on BiblicalFamilies.org wider, I expect we'll grow with lots of new faces. But we don't want to stay strangers - that's why we think the retreats are so important, giving a chance for people to know and support each other face to face (and to see that we are not the only crazy ones!)

Will pray you family situation goes as God would have it - take it slow, and very loving!

God bless, Nathan

Thank you all for allowing my to join your online family. I am a husband and father. We are a christian family even though I wish we were stronger in our faith. I have learned alot while being on your website. We are not a plural family even though I can see the benefits of being one. Have discussed with my wife and she does not share my thoughts about it at this time. We may not even be right for such, only God knows. I would like to discuss and learn from whoever would like to talk with me. Thank you all again and God bless.

Travis

pupil said:
Thank you all for allowing my to join your online family. I am a husband and father. We are a christian family even though I wish we were stronger in our faith. I have learned alot while being on your website. We are not a plural family even though I can see the benefits of being one. Have discussed with my wife and she does not share my thoughts about it at this time. We may not even be right for such, only God knows. I would like to discuss and learn from whoever would like to talk with me. Thank you all again and God bless.

Travis

Welcome Travis,

Nice to have your here. Have you taken the time to study the word Scripture by Scripture with your wife about polygyny? If you haven't, this may be a good place to start.

Greetings brothers and sisters. We have been reading your forum over the past month and find in this group a people after our own heart, and had to join in to order to both encourage and edify. We, like so many of you, grew into a knowledge of God’s acceptance and calling of patriarchal families and then polygyny. I (Ray) had given a series of messages on marriage and was seeking a better way to reach out to men, as a call to spiritual leadership, when God’s word became increasing clear to me, that the church as a whole had lost sight of what marriage was and what God’s intent was for marriage.

We are a monogamous couple with six children, and while open to polygamy have no agenda, other than waiting upon the Lord to see where this revelation leads. I find it very interesting that so many of you came along this same path and that each has a high regard for God’s word as the ultimate authority in his and his families life. One can not but wonder if the Lord is doing a work in these last days, and if so how this work is to impact His church and a lost world. All this while the seeds of confusion are sown by the enemy in areas of marriage and families, with the promotion of gay unions and FLDS spectacles, not to mention new age poly groups of various combinations.

We have also observed several members of this forum being ridiculed by the main stream church forums for their expression of belief in patriarchy and more particular polygyny, going so far as to call you (and by association now us) scripture twisters. I (Ray) was raised in a cult and nothing gives me greater concern than man’s ability to twist scriptures and thus enslave a people with some empty philosophy of man, albeit sounding scriptural. The Bible in context, using scripture to define scripture, seems to be at the core of this group, not bound by the traditions of man, nor by the fear of ridicule, but by the Word of God.

We look forward not only to getting to know you, but also participating in iron sharpening iron. I know that in a revelation of one truth it is easy to lose sight of, or seem to dampen down, other truths, and so pray that we always keep this new found truth in context of the Gospel message and the glory of God.

To God be the glory both now and forever.

Ray & Deanne

Ray and Deanne,

Welcome!

Moving in this direction is certainly not the easiest thing most of us have done in our lives, and although the doctrine of polygyny is not to be the central doctrine of our lives, it is included in the God bigger Kingdom picture for marriage and family. I appreciate your post for it seems that your heart is close to ours. You may want to go to one of our retreats. You will find that you will be loved and embraced. Many of the families that come are not involed with plural marriage, but believe Scripture teaches it. Singles come as well. We always make sure that children are taking care of as well.

btw, are there specific sites that are mentioning us?

I would like to do a late welcome to Brother Travis ( sorry man ) and to Brother Ray and Sister Deanne. WELCOME to all others that I have missed. Glad that you are here and helping spread the word. There are various topics already started and If need be, start a new one on a subject you wish to discuss. May Yahweh bless one and all and hope to meet some of ya'll at the retreat in Oct.

Chap,

Thanks for the greetings. It is easy to tell that you have a pastor's heart. I would love to hear more of your insights as it relates to our subject hear; I've enjoyed your posts!

Blessings,

Doc Burkhart

Hey Doc,
Thanks for the reply and the kind words. Though I am Licensed and Ordained as a Missionary Chaplain, I am just a plan ole
" country " preacher and am not Seminary trained. Most of what I know is learned by self study and studying what others have written. That is why I am in the Gulf of Mexico working for a living. Gotta pay them bills some how. Hope that you can make the retreat in Oct. in North Texas. it's about an 8 hr drive from my neck of the woods down here on the bayou, but the wife is already get things lined up to be off so we can go. We do not have a sisterwife.....yet. Gotta think positive ya know. Hoping to fully tell our future sisterwife all and get her on the same page as us. Feel based on several conversations we have had, that she will come around, but not right away. We also know that "when" she agrees, that we will have to live separate for some time, which I think is best in the long run, this will allow more time for us to all merge together and make it a lot smoother as well............. Now if you would jar my brain cells some and tell me what the subject was we was atalkin' about here. Will be glad to respond if I can. God Bless!!!!

I will second the greetings to all the newcomers as well...

(only excuse - I've been away from the laptop for a couple of days).

Blessings in Him,
Mark

Hello everyone. I am Tom and my wife is Sabrina. We are followers of Christ and our mission is to reach others with His news of forgiveness and salvation. We believe in living lives which demand an explanation to others, sticking out in a good way, so people will ask what makes us different. Obviously, much of the time we blend in pretty well with this culture and world, but God has us on a journey to be His light.

We are a pre-poly family. We are here to learn, grow, and contribute to others. We want to make some friends and build relationships with others which will edify Christ and His body. If God has it for us, we would like to meet a woman to join our family. She will need first to be committed to her Lord and Savior and on her own journey.

We look forward with excitement in getting to know you all, and meeting some of you in your back yards at the BBQ grills. We drink very little wine or beer in moderation, but love a glass of sweet tea or a cup of coffee. Hope to meet you soon.
;)

Hello once again,

I have been asked by several people who knows a little about Louisiana ( here and on another message board that I am on), just where in the world the " Black Bayou " is. Well there is no place in Louisiana that I know of with that name. As you can see in my and Chaplains Roses profile we live in Cajun Country. We actually live in what is know as the heart of Acadiana, which is in the heart of Cajun country. The "Black Bayou" is a made up name that I use seeing as I do live in the " Bayou " state. The area of the state we live in is within a 30 mile radius of the junction of I-10 and I-49...........So, if any of you happen to be traveling in our neck of the woods, send us an e-mail and let us know, for we would like to get together with ya ( if I am home and not working ), visit for a while, break bread and treat ya to some good and REAL Cajun food...........................Oh..... by the way......my real name is Troy

Hi:
I'm Ted. I joined the polygamy site about a few days agao, and today this forum. i am a polygamist to be.

since I am new and revitalising my faith, since i have been too long away from being a strong christian, I now have new challenges in my life. I have sister wives who want to move in wioth me and spend the rest of their lives with me. 3-4 are christians al ready, and th others are interestedin becoming christians.

Since i have never been a Polygamist before, i was wondering if i could get advice, and suggestions from those wh have had a few years as a successful Polygamist. I am going to be green behind the ears, so please bear with me. I am interested in knowing:
1. When you first entere Polygamy as a belief, was it hard for you?
2. How did you plan on haveing your Big Family become successful?
3. How did you financially cope with strugles, in supporting the sister-wives?
4. Any suggestions for me, since I am to be a nw-born polygamist, supporting the faith and doctrine I just learned?

Hi Ted

This is an interesting statement from you that you are to become a polygamist. When we joined up together it was not an intentional choice but one that became apparent that this was the way forward for us.

Belief wise it never clashed with what I or my partner believed. For my wife it was much more difficult. For us all it was difficult within our church, the UK is not as liberal minded as you might believe. Its fine to be any colour, any religeon, any sexual orientation but more than one partner is still seen as very different and subversive.

We never planned our big family. We tried for many years to have more children but it was not meant to be at that time.

Financially. It is easier with 3 incomes than 2 and you will find you should have more money than you need. but you will need to review your living accomodation especially if you have lots of children. (Here in the UK we all get paid for each child each month from birth to 19 years so lots of children would also bring in lots more money!! and this is irrespective of earnings or marital status.)

Take it easy and relax and dont rush it.
The ladies in your life will need to adjust and it is not easy as everyone will have moments of guilt or wants that dont always match up to what everyone else wants in the family.
It is fun and we do have a laugh together but it can also be extremely difficult and you need to be sure this is what you and your ladies really want and that your faith is guiding you in this way.

We have survived for more than 10 years as 3 (my wife and I have been together since we were 15, I am now 42) so it is quite do-able but it does need a great deal of patience from all parties.

D.

Back