• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Happy Pro-Polygamy Day

Interesting - I had no idea!

It's a nice idea in principle but the site promoting it has a sleazy vibe. I could be totally wrong about this but I suspect it hasn't taken off in all these years because practicing families see a serious downside in connecting themselves to this guy.

You know there's actually very little information on the site about who they are or anything. Based solely on the wording and the felt implication that they are a "big deal" in the poly world and would basically "represent" all polygamists, I kind of think its this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkHenkelPolygamy. I ran across his stuff back before I found BF, and I didn't watch a lot. Not saying it's bad, don't remember enough to make that call, but it did seem a little presumptuous. Like: "Who is this guy to speak for everyone? I don't see anyone backing up his claim". That website has the same feel to it.

What UG said. It's Henkel's site, or at least appears to be.

Have not. I think he's got some stuff going for him, and I *am* impressed by his diligence. I just haven't quite had the impression of a horse I want to hitch my wagon to.

He wouldn't let you hitch it. Mark has decent stuff, and he's been doing this a long time, but he has positioned himself in a Highlander since as the only guy who knows anything about this. He "doesn't play well with others". He has trademarked the tagline "National Polygamy Advocate", which tells you something. He's obscure about his personal life (not sure he's practicing or not). And he's bashed other ministries on his site (including this one) for linking to public domain works on google that he thinks he should get credit for.

So take what you can from his stuff, but for many of us here, "he doesn't speak for me".

Back