• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Having my doubts

AlexaH

Female
Ladies,

I am having my doubts if I want to keep doing this. It seems the hubby and are at an impasse when it comes to medical and other issues. He is always wanting to force scriptures down my throat and it really turns me off. I lived around people like that and that's why it took so long for me to come to Jesus on my terms. Second, I want human emotion and he paints everything in black and white. He refuses to acknowledge that doctors have a place in our world. I just don't know what to do and it makes me question everything.

The three most important parts to marriage are:

Commitment
Communication
Compromise.

In that order.

So, are you committed to him no matter what? Good days and bad days? Ups and downs? Sickness and health? That is the most important thing in your marriage, and honestly, it shouldn't even be up for discussion. You don't get to just leave when you're finding things difficult, that's not how marriage or life works, and it's certainly not what the bible allows.

Are you communicating with him? I don't mean are you talking to him, but is he hearing you? Are you being clear about exactly what it is that is the problem? Does he truly understand?

I'm sure that your husband doesn't really believe that all doctors are the devil, so there must be a line to compromise on here. Is he trying to force scriptures on you because he feels you aren't understanding him, or that you're not reading the bible enough? Communicate and then come to a compromise.

I know what you are saying. I just need a place to vent my frustrations. And as far as, Bible quoting he seems to do that no matter what for example if I stub my toe.

Back