• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello again!

The previously duct taped young patriarch/budding entrepreneur will gladly take dowry out of his bullriding winnings...:D:D

Hey Zec, I have always known you by your YouTube handle, so I'm wondering if that changed.

Welcome back. And thanks for not changing the picture yet, otherwise I'd be clueless.

We did miss you, I'm very glad you're back. Looking forward to posts with your unique brand of sarcasm and wit again.

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't go over very well in some of the deep and personal things discussed here.

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't go over very well in some of the deep and personal things discussed here.
Uh, okay? Not sure what your point is here. If you have a problem with someone's sarcasm in the middle of a deep conversation then I suggest you talk to them about it in private.

Uh, okay? Not sure what your point is here. If you have a problem with someone's sarcasm in the middle of a deep conversation then I suggest you talk to them about it in private.

Point is we should be civil towards each other. Jesus would want that.

Point is we should be civil towards each other. Jesus would want that.
I didn't want to get off topic but this is Zec back, so there's no off topic. ;)

@Cap, brother, as you read through the gospels look at what Jesus actually said. When He spoke, He said exactly what needed to be said, not a word more or a word less than necessary. So when He said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men”, that was exactly what Peter needed to hear. Most people would be super offended if someone said that to them; some would even physically retaliate, but that's what Jesus said to His friend, Peter. Read Matthew 23:13-36 and see how many times Jesus uses words like "hypocrites", "blind guides", "fools", "white-washed tombs", "brood of vipers", etc., when speaking to the local religious leaders. Yes, they were deeply offended and hated Jesus so much they murdered Him. But, there wasn't a wrong word spoken; nor one word to many or one to little.

What I want to say is this; we should all be more Christ-like, saying exactly what needs to be said to everyone we speak with, not a word more nor a word less than necessary. And we should exercise caution so that when we respond to someone who has spoken the truth, like Jesus Christ did, we don't fall into sin. There are many warnings in the book of Proverbs about what we say and how we say things. It would be good for all of us to read those passages and take heed. Blessings and shalom.

I didn't want to get off topic but this is Zec back, so there's no off topic. ;)

@Cap, brother, as you read through the gospels look at what Jesus actually said. When He spoke, He said exactly what needed to be said, not a word more or a word less than necessary. So when He said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men”, that was exactly what Peter needed to hear. Most people would be super offended if someone said that to them; some would even physically retaliate, but that's what Jesus said to His friend, Peter. Read Matthew 23:13-36 and see how many times Jesus uses words like "hypocrites", "blind guides", "fools", "white-washed tombs", "brood of vipers", etc., when speaking to the local religious leaders. Yes, they were deeply offended and hated Jesus so much they murdered Him. But, there wasn't a wrong word spoken; nor one word to many or one to little.

What I want to say is this; we should all be more Christ-like, saying exactly what needs to be said to everyone we speak with, not a word more nor a word less than necessary. And we should exercise caution so that when we respond to someone who has spoken the truth, like Jesus Christ did, we don't fall into sin. There are many warnings in the book of Proverbs about what we say and how we say things. It would be good for all of us to read those passages and take heed. Blessings and shalom.

Got it. Zec/Jesus same.

I guess you figured out in not really into TRM cult.

Probable here is the same attitude doesn't get turned around.

Remember sarcastic wit is the same both ways. Let's see how many likes that gets.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cap, I see all your posts here as being toxic, subversive injections of poison into the welcoming back of a brother.

There is no "TRM cult", if by that you mean that everybody loves @The Revolting Man and hates @Cap. Don't be ridiculous. If you could see the words I've said to him at times behind the scenes, you'd know there are no favours given, and I certainly don't consider him equal to Jesus! Frankly I think I've probably spoken more harshly to him than I have to you. And my own words of rebuke were probably one of the contributing factors to his recent long hiatus.

Both of you are welcomed as brothers - and both are rebuked as required. This time, you're needing to be rebuked, because you're being nasty for no reason, but that doesn't mean we're all against you. Just that we're against your words today.

However @The Revolting Man has behaved in the past, he's back after many months of reflection on how to engage on here, and everything he has said since his return has been positive. He's even refraining from responding at all from your snide attacks on him, which is showing an enormous level of self-control. Lets look forwards not backwards.

If you insist on judging people by their past behaviour, I'll just say that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Learn to forgive. I intend to simply accept both of you as you are today - and rebuke both as required for behaviour in the present and future. As I am rebuking you right now.

This rebuke is being made in public, simply because you have insisted on speaking against @The Revolting Man in public also, rather than in private as I have already directed you to.

I'll just say it once. Stop attacking @The Revolting Man. Personal attacks are a complete breach of the terms of use of this forum.
And snide, sideways comments that are intended to come across to the target person as an attack but be deniable, are still personal attacks and count just the same.

Mods, please enforce that.

@Cap, I see all your posts here as being toxic, subversive injections of poison into the welcoming back of a brother.

There is no "TRM cult", if by that you mean that everybody loves @The Revolting Man and hates @Cap. Don't be ridiculous. If you could see the words I've said to him at times behind the scenes, you'd know there are no favours given, and I certainly don't consider him equal to Jesus! Frankly I think I've probably spoken more harshly to him than I have to you. And my own words of rebuke were probably one of the contributing factors to his recent long hiatus.

Both of you are welcomed as brothers - and both are rebuked as required. This time, you're needing to be rebuked, because you're being nasty for no reason, but that doesn't mean we're all against you. Just that we're against your words today.

However @The Revolting Man has behaved in the past, he's back after many months of reflection on how to engage on here, and everything he has said since his return has been positive. He's even refraining from responding at all from your snide attacks on him, which is showing an enormous level of self-control. Lets look forwards not backwards.

If you insist on judging people by their past behaviour, I'll just say that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Learn to forgive. I intend to simply accept both of you as you are today - and rebuke both as required for behaviour in the present and future. As I am rebuking you right now.

This rebuke is being made in public, simply because you have insisted on speaking against @The Revolting Man in public also, rather than in private as I have already directed you to.

I'll just say it once. Stop attacking @The Revolting Man. Personal attacks are a complete breach of the terms of use of this forum.
And snide, sideways comments that are intended to come across to the target person as an attack but be deniable, are still personal attacks and count just the same.

Mods, please enforce that.

I'll remember these words in the future. It still is curious why you choose public instead of private. Actually, not really.

(And there is no nobility in all these, he has blocked me so no worries. )

I'll remember these words in the future. It still is curious why you choose public instead of private. Actually, not really.

(And there is no nobility in all these, he has blocked me so no worries. )
@Cap, I'm usually pretty measured in my interactions around here (before and after being placed as a moderator) but I have to say you are being a COMPLETE ASS right now. Take your feminine, "play the victim, blame others, passive aggressive, and keep lifelong grudges" tactics and silence yourself for a while. If your smarmy and snide behavior continues, we will be forced to silence you ourselves by taking away posting privileges for a while.

@Cap, I'm usually pretty measured in my interactions around here (before and after being placed as a moderator) but I have to say you are being a COMPLETE ASS right now. Take your feminine, "play the victim, blame others, passive aggressive, and keep lifelong grudges" tactics and silence yourself for a while. If your smarmy and snide behavior continues, we will be forced to silence you ourselves by taking away posting privileges for a while.

Got it. I just remember all the people that have been hurt and I hope it doesn't happen again. No more from me. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back