• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Columbus, OH

Welcome.

Welcome!

It's great you've been discussing this with your wife, and I'm pleased you're letting her work this out in her own time. If she wishes to sign up to the site then we'd love to have her join us in the ladies chat on Monday nights. She can ask as many questions as she wants.

So, I'm going to tell you something here, and I don't know if your introduction is the right place to do it, but I figured I'd get it in now. Also, no attacking or judgement meant here, honest.

DON'T GET ANOTHER WIFE!
There, said it. Now, reasons. Your wife isn't ready. Not remotely ready. Probably won't be ready for years. She might say she's ok with it tomorrow, but the process takes years of going back and forth with most women and she won't be ready. If you didn't catch that, your wife is not ready.

I feel like I've said this sort of thing to a lot of men on here, but the reason I say it so strongly (out of sisterly love I might add), is that it's easy once you've got the knowledge of PM to start seeing another wife in many other women. Suddenly all those single women you know could be the one. And lets just check out dating sites just for fun... And then you get into a relationship with a woman, and your wife isn't ready, but she stays with you because she loves you and is committed to you. And then you marry another woman, and your wife leaves. And lo and behold you're monogamous again with a broken marriage and a custody battle on your hands.

It's not about letting your wife be in charge, it's about loving her until she is fully caught up and has allowed the Holy Spirit to work in her.

Yeah, this is a long and full on welcome lol! Truly, welcome to this site, we're really happy to have you here, and I look forward to reading your contributions on the forum and hopefully getting to know your wife as well :).

FollowingHim2 - thank you for the caution and the words of wisdom. They were very well received. The mere fact that this topic can be legitimately discussed is exactly what I was hoping for when joining. So as you well know and I'm sure most others here do as well, there is "what I want" and then there is reality. I want to go with reality. Reality says taking another wife may or may not ever happen. Including your response, reality says it could take years for my wife to be in a place where her heart would be ready for something like this.

One thing's for sure, I don't want to force my wife into anything. Her heart is mine to steward and compelling her to something this big would inevitably bring the heartbreak that you mention. She is a beautiful woman and I'm thankful she's mine. I don't want to bring this subject up anymore until SHE brings it up.

Thank you again for the warm welcome. Real quick, for my wife, is there a specific room that I could direct her to in order to meet some of the ladies? Not sure if she'd sign up but would at least want to make the offer known.

Phew, glad I didn't scare you away!

Real quick, for my wife, is there a specific room that I could direct her to in order to meet some of the ladies? Not sure if she'd sign up but would at least want to make the offer known
There's the ladies only area. The men can read, but they can't comment, and us women can chat away. Otherwise, she can just join the chat on Monday nights. There are plenty of women on there that never interact on the forum at all, and it's often a good place to start for someone who's more unsure about things. You get to the chat at the top of the page, and she will need to have her own account to enter the room.

Also, if she wants to chat privately with any of us women then we can do that too through private conversations.

Welcome to the best place on the internet!
Here you will find real people sincere in their desire to support others in having a biblical family with one wife, or more.

What followinghim2 said may seem kinda forward, but she is very right that it can take a while for a woman to completely adjust to this as a reality, and the long way is the short way. We who have been around these polygyny supporting websites for awhile have read many a story of disaster and heartbreak. A plural wife on this site wrote from a position of grief over the many broken hearts and families she had seen.

We really do see the upside of it all, and the plural wife I mentioned above is part of a beautiful and inspirational family.

I hope you enjoy your time and interactions here!

And tell your wife there is an amazing group of women here that are well worth knowing.....and we would love to meet her! :)

Thanks for the warm greeting, Joleneakamama. It's good to be here. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be forthright about marriage/this lifestyle and hope for the same genuineness in return. There's obviously lots of wisdom in this place. I anticipate all the understanding that will be gained here and hope to become an eventual blessing to others.

It's very much appreciated with inviting my wife on as well. I already asked FollowingHim2 but it never hurts to ask more than once - is there a room that you would recommend for my wife to join?

Thanks for the warm greeting, Joleneakamama. It's good to be here. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be forthright about marriage/this lifestyle and hope for the same genuineness in return. There's obviously lots of wisdom in this place. I anticipate all the understanding that will be gained here and hope to become an eventual blessing to others.

It's very much appreciated with inviting my wife on as well. I already asked FollowingHim2 but it never hurts to ask more than once - is there a room that you would recommend for my wife to join?
There is only one room for the ladies to chat in, and it is only on mondays. If she signs up she can post in the ladies area of the forum.
We are all just people, most of us are only wives, we just understand it is biblical for a man to have more then one wife, and support families so blessed.

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your heart. It is a great start to building relationship here. I know the other ladies have recommended the Ladies Chat on Mondays but if your wife isn't comfortable with that, I hope she will take some time to read some threads here that interest her. You don't need to be a member unless you want to post or do chat. Hoping that time will come ...

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your heart. It is a great start to building relationship here. I know the other ladies have recommended the Ladies Chat on Mondays but if your wife isn't comfortable with that, I hope she will take some time to read some threads here that interest her. You don't need to be a member unless you want to post or do chat. Hoping that time will come ...

I'm hoping that time will come, too. Thanks for the welcome and info, Julieb.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome!

Back