• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from GA.

yeahright

TL;DR - I am 39. One wife of almost 3 years. Long time church goer. Late to the party. On the Torah boat too. Glad to be here.

I am 39 and have one wife of almost 3 years. I have been peripherally aware that polygyny was not condemned in scripture for over a decade. My wife and I talked about it briefly from time to time throughout the course of our relationship. With the understanding I had until recently, it was mostly an interesting footnote that was not brought up much.

About 3 weeks ago we encountered an opportunity to defend our understanding of the harmony of the scriptures. This resulted in a deeper study and understanding of polygyny and its roles in the scriptures and a healthy society. This also opened my eyes to the end game of the monogamy-only cult.

I have made much effort in my own study and research to see past any "official story" that does not hold water. I feel late to the party about this polygyny thing. The ramifications of monogamy-only seem so obvious and prevalent in our current decaying society. I have long studied the symptoms but now I have found the cause and cure! The answer still, as I have always understood, is Jesus. Now I see it in light of the example of marriage laid out by Abraham, Jacob, David, Jehoida and Joash, Ezekiel 23, Matthew 22, and Matthew 25.

Concurrent with this new understanding of marriage, I have also come to understand that I am to be following Torah. So, my whole understanding of what it means to follow God has been shaken up a bit in the last month. I am left feeling like I need to read the whole Bible right now to correct all the misunderstandings I have. In lieu of that being possible, I am excited to embark on this journey or re-understanding how this life works.

Welcome! I hope you find some good things here.

Welcome from the other corner of the country out in the state of Washington! We are glad to have you here.

Since you brought up the topic of Torah observance, please let me say that I believe the whole Bible belongs to the followers of Christ, but doesn't all directly apply to us in exactly the same way it did to the Old Testament Israelites.

For example, I do not see where Christians are required to follow the dietary laws and feast cycles given to Israel at Sinai.

A lot of dear friends on this site think otherwise, believing these laws also directly apply to the Christian (and may not really like being called Christians either).

Sometimes this gets to be a bit of a sore subject between us, but we strive to be charitable. 😉

Greetings and welcome. Better late to the party than missing it altogether. :) I hope you continue to find the answers you need from God's Word for your re-understanding. Shalom

I have never been to the coin shop. My suspicion was based on the name of the shop. I lived in Toccoa once, a long time ago.

I am closer to Atlanta. Not a city person though.
Well I live within the vicinity of that coin shop and work around Atlanta so it would be easy to arrange a meet up of you’re ever of a mind.

Welcome!

Back