• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Indianapolis!

A

Anonymous

Hello! I am a 43 year old man living in the Indy area. I think that the Lord has led me to this website. I have felt like the Lord has been calling me to polygynous marriage for atleast 10 years, and I think I am finally ready to get over my personal fears and do His will. Although I have no prospective wives out there, or how to go about meeting one, I know in the Lord's time he will lead me to a searching lady.

My wife is aware of this, and I think she feels like maybe I want to do this because she is somehow inadequate, which breaks my heart because that is so far from the truth. Has anyone had to deal with this issue? And what advice can you offer. Thanks, in advance.

I look forward to learning from you on all aspects of biblical marriage especially how it relates to the pluarility of wives. I hope to be able to attend one of the retreats and meet some of you!

Welcome! I am glad you found us. Sounds like you have had an interesting journey these last 10 years. I hope you will find BF's to be a place of encouragement and support. I also hope that your wife will make an effort at reading some of the postings regarding the ladies on this site. I believe it can be a benefit to her when she's ready.

Hi!

Glad you joined us here! Tell your wife that what she is going through is not unusual. My husband and I are in similar spot to what you and your wife are in, and I feel the same way she does, but after further study and lots of discussions with my husband (both Scripture based and personal), I'm coming around and I'm almost to a point where I'm not so afraid anymore. :)

We are getting ready to start our search soon, so we are just starting out as well

Hello, nice to find others here like me and my wife, especially in indiana. Our situation is similar to yours and Biblical Families has helped us. Don't hesitate to ask questions and share, that's what fellowship is all about! Jim

Thank you all, I really appreciate the kind comments and helpful advice. I am so glad I found this site.

Back