• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Kentucky - and seeking fellowship

Matthew Hudson

Male
My name is Matthew and my wife is Amanda. We're not seeking to marry at the moment, but are looking for friends and fellowship in and around our area. We own land, not a lot, but we can see which way the wind is blowing, and what the leaves in the trees look like. Almost time to hunker down. Anyway, I've studied plural marriage for many years, since 1992. More than that, I've studied marriage itself.

Right now, we own two new businesses, and a farm that we're very much enjoying even if it is tiring. We have chickens, cats, a dog, and a bottom field that is acting as an orchard right now, but might host a cow or a goat or two if she has her way. I'm a photographer, and she's an artist.

We're considering thinking about a second wife. But our marriage is a bit different. We negotiated the terms of her surrender and discussed the terms of my leadership. This means we divided our lives into duties, made ourselves a place that is ours, and we divide the responsibilities equally and have our own realms of responsibility. What this means is that we rarely argue except when one gets in the cake of the other. I'm the head of the family, she's the head of the household.

So anyone joining us will also need to negotiate the terms of enlistment. An example is, I cook, she does dishes. I fold but she does laundry. I take care of the cars and the house, she acts as my assistant. She takes care of her business, I act as her assistant. It gives a lady a sense of place, of belonging, and of worth. We base our marriage on this and while we do love each other, we are not together because of love, we're together because of our agreement and promises. Trust me in this, we've been together four years, and every day is more fun, interesting and rewarding than the day before - and after four years, I cannot imagine not wanting four more and four more after that and four more after that. We've found the secret. It works.

So anyway, about me. I'm 55, have the equivalent of a masters in English, and a host of skills that I use daily which include mechanic, woodworking, plumbing, electrical and even a little blacksmithing.

She has a bachelors in Art, and is 35 and is a shop-keeper and all around amazing lady. When she's not teaching art classes in our studio, she's making candles, or engaging in some other skill like metalsmithing or jewelry making. When we're home she's saving seed from a new type of gourd, or weeding her fruit trees or garden.

We live between Elizabethtown, Lexington, and Somerset. We're looking for believers who are also looking to meet like minded people and have a meal or two for fun and friendship.

Shalom, Matthew. Welcome to the forum!

Doubtful. Never been to Orlando that I recall.

Welcome to Biblical Families!
We have a ladies chat on Monday nights, 7.30pm Eastern time. Your wife is most welcome to join us. She will need to have her own account. The chat is at the top of the page.

Welcome!

Welcome to the fellowship here. My wife and I live in Spring Hill, Tennessee. Yes, the weather is surely changing. We are looking to buy a hideaway of land. 3 of our eight children see the changing weather as well. We travel up I-65 to Ohio often to see our other children. Maybe we can stop off for a supper or lunch some time. Be blessed.

Welcome

Welcome! May you find some good things on this site. Looking forward to getting to know your wife.

Welcome Matthew and Amanda! :)

Welcome to the fellowship here. My wife and I live in Spring Hill, Tennessee. Yes, the weather is surely changing. We are looking to buy a hideaway of land. 3 of our eight children see the changing weather as well. We travel up I-65 to Ohio often to see our other children. Maybe we can stop off for a supper or lunch some time. Be blessed.
Spring Hill? Like close to Bedford County? I have a house in Shelbyville, TN

Back