• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from North Texas

So glad to have you both here, welcome! I am sorry I missed you on chat KatyBeth, I seem to keep missing it for one reason or another these last few weeks. I hope to see you there next Monday. It is always good to have another Texan in the ranks. :)

Do you still go to this church?
We don't. We've moved since then.

I wonder what would have happened if you brought your two wives to church?
This would probably cause a division in the congregation and so the pastor would have no choice but to ask us to leave. Whether he thought plural marriage was a sin or not. I don't think I would want to put my pastor in that position I would talk with him after taking a second wife and see how he counsels. You never know it could be that my current pastor may advise the same way that Luther advised Philip of Hesse.
Though probably not.

Last edited:
If you Texas people don't get some kind of recurring assembly going I might lose hope. There's starting to be enough of you that it's really becoming a feasibility.

I realize there are colossal distances involved that some of us easterners don't quite comprehend but still, there are a lot of Texans here.

If you Texas people don't get some kind of recurring assembly going I might lose hope. There's starting to be enough of you that it's really becoming a feasibility.
Hey, we're doing it! I hosted in Feb, Chris in Mar, Chris again in Apr (I was slammed with LP conventions and the BF retreat), and now I have to get something on the calendar for May, and I think Chris is going to host a pool party in June. Anybody in Texas or within a travel distance they can handle is welcome! Message me or @cnystrom for more information.

Hey, we're doing it! I hosted in Feb, Chris in Mar, Chris again in Apr (I was slammed with LP conventions and the BF retreat), and now I have to get something on the calendar for May, and I think Chris is going to host a pool party in June. Anybody in Texas or within a travel distance they can handle is welcome! Message me or @cnystrom for more information.

I know. You guys are doing great things. I was just trying to set it up so that later I could claim it was my idea.

I realize there are colossal distances involved that some of us easterners don't quite comprehend but still, there are a lot of Texans here.
This is surprisingly true. My wife was telling recently that when she lived up near Sacramento, they had east coast family visit California to go to Disneyland. They complained that she wouldn't come down and have dinner with them. That's 6 hours one way!

This is surprisingly true. My wife was telling recently that when she lived up near Sacramento, they had east coast family visit California to go to Disneyland. They complained that she wouldn't come down and have dinner with them. That's 6 hours one way!

I am in the middle of the state and can drive all day in one direction and still not leave it. :)

To drive from El Paso in west Texas to Texarkana in East Texas with out stopping takes 12 hours. It took me 17 hrs to drive to the Georgia retreat. I spent more time trying to get out of Texas than I did in each state while I was driving through Lousiana, Alabama or Mississippi to get to Georgia.

Last edited:
I am in the middle of the state and can drive all day in one direction and still not leave it. :)
California north to south tips is pretty daunting for a one day trip. I'm thinking Florida keys to Georgia is a decent haul.

Texas is a colossal state!
I mean other western states are also large....especially compared to eastern ones, but Texas makes a big 'other western state' took small!
When the nation was young and small, before people figured out how much room we had over here, they drew boundaries around small pieces. Then the west started opening up, and they realized at the rate they were going, making states, there was gonna be a few hundred!.....and they got tired of the whole process of getting territories to be states, so they made a few big ones.
And one GINORMOUS one.

(Kinda like when yer makin' cookies, and ya get tired of makin' cute little proper tea sized ones n decide to cook half the 8 dozen batch in one lump. *grin*)

That is the factual historical USA 'gospel', as told by me. :D and should you decide to preach it, you owe me royalties.o_O
Oh and by the way, I have some Oceanside property right by the La Quinta Inn in Tucson. :p

I don't know what you're talking about, I've never once made cookies like that - probably because so much of the batter gets eaten before it can be baked. ;)
Of course! Oatmeal cookie dough is far better then the cookies made from it!

Here we just start with a Texas sized batch, so that if the phone rings, or mom takes her eyes off the bowl for a few seconds we still end up with a Rhode Island quantity of baked cookies for the jar. :)

(Sorry about derailing your introduction thread.)

Don’t tell that to an Alaskan :rolleyes:
Alaska is the size of a Texas fish story!
A truly awesome bargain we just couldn't pass up. :D

Welcome!

You never know it could be that my current pastor may advise the same way that Luther advised Philip of Hesse. Though probably not.

I could be wrong but my hunch is that your first pastor would give far different advise if the question was about adding a second wife. In your instance, it was justifications that allowed him to affirm typical church practice of remarriage after divorce. But actual polygamy would go against church practice.

Back