• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Northern, California

A

Anonymous

Hi all, I found this site from a couple in Florida. I'm glad I did. I'm 49 years young, exercise every day, (currently training for a marathon) I eat very healthy, non-smoker, I'm into a lifestyle of extreme health and fitness. I don't go to doctors, I'm very opposed to western medicine. My husband passed tragically in 2009. I have been exploring plural marriage since that time. I have one adult daughter on her own, teaching and living in South East Asia. In my exploration and research of plural marriage, it can work, but it takes a lot of work, and a lot of introspection on the part of all parties involved. I believe a lot of people currently, as the result of a television show, are now seeking to add wives to their families. That is a tv show, it doesn't quite paint the whole picture, but that aside, I have been interested in plural marriage, long before the arrival of the show. I have met some wonderful families, that I have been able to spend time with, but I did not find any, that I wanted to be a permanent part of. The major reason I found, to be an issue with many of them was that, there were clear negative issues at play, and either one or both people thought a 'sister wife' would be a panacea for all that ailed them. I still get wonderful emails and notes, from the families/couples I did meet, asking me to be a part of their families, etc. I can bring a lot to the table, by way of many things. I'm an extremely educated well rounded individual, I'm very healthy physically and mentally, and can help a loving family with those issues, as most in this country are not healthy, etc. I have a lot of love in my heart to give, I love children, the more the merrier. I wish I would have had more then one, but I was not blessed with more. Age is really not important to me, as long there is a true connection between the souls, it doesn't matter. I'm an excellent cook, I'm a writer and published author by profession. My only real concern is that no one in the household can be a smokers or have serious 'issues'. I can easily relocate to anywhere in Northern California. I would consider other areas, but I have found, this issue seems to bring a lot of discord, i.e. who pays the costs of travel involved in getting to know each other etc. I'm anxious to hear from like minded people. Blessings and peace to all!

It is good to hear from you, and welcome to the site. We have several friends in CA and the Northwest. Here's hoping you might connect with someone.

Blessings

Doc

Welcome, In my history I have ran a couple of marathons. And also some shorter events. Some of the nicest people I have ever met have been at running events. Living in the country and also the fact that this winter has been mild has made it easy to get outdoors a few times a week.

Welcome as well!

I am a published author, a newspaper publisher, and am currently tooling around the pm 'hood with my "first-wife-training-wheels-" firmly bolted to my "bike." My husband and sister-wife-to-be are tying the knot this summer, and my learning curve is as vertical as a Harrier take-off. I wouldn't trade the blessing of personal growth inherent to the "work" (as you so rightly describe it) of this lifestyle, though. It is all worth it, and my love for our Savior and my tribe has never been greater.

You sound like a blessing to the right family, and am so glad you have chosen to join this at times wacky crew. May you find what you are looking for.

BTW, I'd love to know about your life as an author....it's always fun to find someone with whom one can talk shop. :)

Welcome! Thank you for sharing about yourself. I hope you will take the time to read the forum and connect with others here. Maybe you could make it to our West Coast retreat this Fall, too. I look forward to getting to know more about you.

Blessings!

Back