• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Hello from NW Missouri

Jason20

Male
Hi. My name is Jason. I have been living plural marriage since 2011. I feel strongly about plural marriage and the benefits of it, as well as the doctrine behind it. I lost my wife of 20 years, my church (LDS), friends, family, and even jobs due to my decision to live plural marriage. I took on another wife after my divorce and since then took on two more wives. One of them has left due to personal issues and trying to find herself. We are still friends.
I am currently running for sheriff of the county that I live in. I have been in law enforcement for over 25 years. Throughout that time, I have had to hide what I was living, though I was never persecuted for it. Then I was fired from a job with the sheriff's office. With my campaign, I had to be transparent and show them that I am honest and not hiding anything. My wife, Melanie works at a hospital. My wife, Stephanie works at the county courthouse. We are very open about our relationship, which has brought some persecution, especially since I decided to run for sheriff. It isn't an easy campaign, but I feel strongly about what I am doing. If you want to see my Facebook, let me know and I will share it with you through DM.
We have been investigated for bigamy in Missouri by the Missouri Highway Patrol. They were very kind during the investigation and said not to worry. We were never prosecuted, just investigated. No charges were filed.
I have written some articles on polygamy on a blog. I can share that with you if you DM me. I don't know if they want advertising on this intro.
I don't know everything, we are still learning. We had to start at ground zero as we had no one to learn from. We don't belong to any groups or religion, we are independent and want to remain so. We have a small farm, about 30 acres where we raise sheep, goats, chickens and other fowl. We believe in the Torah and practice that.
We only have one child at home at this time, though between all of us, we have about 8 children.

Welcome!
You are living a very interesting life.

Hi. My name is Jason. I have been living plural marriage since 2011. I feel strongly about plural marriage and the benefits of it, as well as the doctrine behind it. I lost my wife of 20 years, my church (LDS), friends, family, and even jobs due to my decision to live plural marriage. I took on another wife after my divorce and since then took on two more wives. One of them has left due to personal issues and trying to find herself. We are still friends.
I am currently running for sheriff of the county that I live in. I have been in law enforcement for over 25 years. Throughout that time, I have had to hide what I was living, though I was never persecuted for it. Then I was fired from a job with the sheriff's office. With my campaign, I had to be transparent and show them that I am honest and not hiding anything. My wife, Melanie works at a hospital. My wife, Stephanie works at the county courthouse. We are very open about our relationship, which has brought some persecution, especially since I decided to run for sheriff. It isn't an easy campaign, but I feel strongly about what I am doing. If you want to see my Facebook, let me know and I will share it with you through DM.
We have been investigated for bigamy in Missouri by the Missouri Highway Patrol. They were very kind during the investigation and said not to worry. We were never prosecuted, just investigated. No charges were filed.
I have written some articles on polygamy on a blog. I can share that with you if you DM me. I don't know if they want advertising on this intro.
I don't know everything, we are still learning. We had to start at ground zero as we had no one to learn from. We don't belong to any groups or religion, we are independent and want to remain so. We have a small farm, about 30 acres where we raise sheep, goats, chickens and other fowl. We believe in the Torah and practice that.
We only have one child at home at this time, though between all of us, we have about 8 children.
Welcome to the party
Seems like you may have found a good place to hang out.
Nice to see people living their convictions

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you lost some family and friends in pursing the truth - which is profitable for correction and training in righteousness (2 timothy 3:16). But our Master says - Blessed is the one not offended by me. So when Yahshua described himself marrying 5 virgins in a parable (which the Torah allows), many believers in our perverted society (where good is evil and evil good), unfortunately, take offense.

But there's a promise of blessing for those not offended by him, so may the Father in Heaven bless you and your household.

I assume you did not marry the additional wives with the state? So you only have 1 or no marriage licenses with the government? That's good they didn't give you a hard time with the investigation.

Greetings Jason, and thanks for the open and honest intro. Hope you enjoy the community here. Cheers

Shalom and welcome brother! I am blessed to see yet another Torah observer join the platform!🍇

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you lost some family and friends in pursing the truth - which is profitable for correction and training in righteousness (2 timothy 3:16). But our Master says - Blessed is the one not offended by me. So when Yahshua described himself marrying 5 virgins in a parable (which the Torah allows), many believers in our perverted society (where good is evil and evil good), unfortunately, take offense.

But there's a promise of blessing for those not offended by him, so may the Father in Heaven bless you and your household.

I assume you did not marry the additional wives with the state? So you only have 1 or no marriage licenses with the government? That's good they didn't give you a hard time with the investigation.
Yes. Only one marriage license. It is sad to have the government rule and regulate marriage…but it is the world we live in

Yes. Only one marriage license. It is sad to have the government rule and regulate marriage…but it is the world we live in
They don’t rule what belongs to the Most High. He is Lord of marriage. Conduct yourself according to His standards and they can go pound sand. Ninth and tenth amendments.

Aside from that, welcome to the forum! You’re surrounded by a cloud of like minded individuals. (Who all have different opinions on every little thing)

They don’t rule what belongs to the Most High. He is Lord of marriage. Conduct yourself according to His standards and they can go pound sand. Ninth and tenth amendments.

Aside from that, welcome to the forum! You’re surrounded by a cloud of like minded individuals. (Who all have different opinions on every little thing)
I wouldn't go 9th and 10th amendments when talking about what the state of Missouri can or can't do. They honestly apply to the federal government (though courts have wrongly applied the Constitution to states since at least the war between the states).

I'd go more with something like Psalm 2 and Romans 13. All civil authorities are servants of God, and are accountable to Christ the King of Kings. God has ordered society, and He has permitted polygyny (though polygyny is often inadvisable for various reasons). All civil authorities are required to bow to Christ, and serve Him or perish. In the Bible, God calls polygyny "marriage" and the civil government has no authority to say otherwise.

Back