• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Hello from NW Missouri

Jason,
Since you mentioned LDS, I should point out that most of us understand polygamy somewhat differently than the way at least the FLDS seem to (I know less about the historic LDS view of JS, BY, etc).

It's my understanding that the fundamental LDS groups believe there is a particular spiritual virtue to polygamy. Polygamy being something that men really ought to do, and that it brings particular spiritual benefit.

I (coming from a Evangelical Christian / Reformed / Southern Baptist viewpoint) consider polygamy to be just basic marriage, the same as regular marriage.
I don't think it is morally superior or inferior.

I think our polygamous Biblical father Jacob, was no better or worse than our (presumably monogamous) Biblical father Isaac.

Jason,
Since you mentioned LDS, I should point out that most of us understand polygamy somewhat differently than the way at least the FLDS seem to (I know less about the historic LDS view of JS, BY, etc).

It's my understanding that the fundamental LDS groups believe there is a particular spiritual virtue to polygamy. Polygamy being something that men really ought to do, and that it brings particular spiritual benefit.

I (coming from a Evangelical Christian / Reformed / Southern Baptist viewpoint) consider polygamy to be just basic marriage, the same as regular marriage.

I think our polygamous Biblical father Jacob, was no better or worse than our (presumably monogamous) Biblical father Isaac.
I grew up LDS but I hold more to the Torah, especially after getting excommunicated for living the law.

Jason,

I was born and raised LDS, but I am doing polygamy because of the Torah, not because of the LDS. I respect the LDS church and I hold to some of the beliefs, but the Torah is my basis.

Shalom and welcome!

Welcome to you and your wives!

I was raised in "the church" too, but no longer claim it. I havent been kicked ot yet....but have been inactive for so many years we get missionaries coming here. Poor young "elders" can't follow their script talking to my husband....and now he let's them know that because he now has two wives he wouldn't even be accepted by their church, or any other that he knows of, but Christ still accepts him!

We have a small farm, about 30 acres where we raise sheep, goats, chickens and other fowl.
What kind of sheep? We have mixed breed sheep as I am working to develop milking hair sheep. We use Dorper sires on unproven animals for better meat quality lambs.

Gotta get to that milking now!!

Back