• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Ohio

shalom Cindy

Welcome aboard Cindy!

I'm a poly mom if you have any questions in that direction!

Good afternoon, Cindy, and greetings from Pennsylvania.

I want to second something Curtis mentioned above: the conferences are a tremendous opportunity to learn, grow and be surrounded by people who are at various stages of journeys related to Scriptural polygamy -- those with plural families, those seeking the same, and those there to provide support even if they're not pursuing being part of a plural family themselves. It is a refreshing breath of fresh air to fellowship with people from whom one doesn't have to hide one's thoughts on the subject. My wife, son, daughters and I just got back a few days from the summer conference in Tennessee, and I feel rejuvenated by the experience. Each conference I find new friends and renew old associations, and this conference was no exception to what I see as a general rule: we're so committed to discovering somehow-lost truths in Scripture that, as a group, each meeting provides evidence of individual personal growth in God and provides an opportunity for us to push that envelope even further together. And besides the national conferences, Biblical Families has regional gatherings. There are quite a few of us from western Ohio to central Pennsylvania that it may even be time for us to put together a meeting where you could make a few more of those lifelong friends you're seeking!

In our Father's Love,

Keith

Good afternoon, Cindy, and greetings from Pennsylvania.

I want to second something Curtis mentioned above: the conferences are a tremendous opportunity to learn, grow and be surrounded by people who are at various stages of journeys related to Scriptural polygamy -- those with plural families, those seeking the same, and those there to provide support even if they're not pursuing being part of a plural family themselves. It is a refreshing breath of fresh air to fellowship with people from whom one doesn't have to hide one's thoughts on the subject. My wife, son, daughters and I just got back a few days from the summer conference in Tennessee, and I feel rejuvenated by the experience. Each conference I find new friends and renew old associations, and this conference was no exception to what I see as a general rule: we're so committed to discovering somehow-lost truths in Scripture that, as a group, each meeting provides evidence of individual personal growth in God and provides an opportunity for us to push that envelope even further together. And besides the national conferences, Biblical Families has regional gatherings. There are quite a few of us from western Ohio to central Pennsylvania that it may even be time for us to put together a meeting where you could make a few more of those lifelong friends you're seeking!

In our Father's Love,

Keith
Cindy,
What Keith said! Spot on! They are that encouraging fellowship and assembly of believers we all hunger for.

Hello, Cindy,
You crossed my mind this weekend as I was thinking about the new BF community I'm beginning to feel a part of. I realized I hadn't seen a post from you in a while. Sure hope you're doing well and everything is okay. May the Lord bless you.

@rejoicinghandmaid, if you want @Cindy to be notified that you're mentioning her, just use her name with an "@" symbol in front. (See what I did there? If her settings on BF allow it then she's already been sent an email notice.)
Thanks Mystic. I've seen that feature in other posts, but non-techy me couldn't figure out how they were doing it even though I'd thought about it. :( I appreciate your help.

@Cindy! Soooo glad to hear from you. Just this past week you crossed my heart as I realized I'd never heard from you in my last post letting you know I had missed seeing you on the forum. Yes, the summer has had exceedingly large and aerodynamic wings as it's zoomed by. What a fun summer it's been though for me! My Lord has been so amazingly good to me, it's hard to grasp all that He is and has been doing. I hope you can say the same. Wishing you the very best as you begin you nurse practitioner program. Please forgive my ignorance--you'd think I would know with my mom, a sister-in-law, and a niece all having received RN's. At what stage does this "nurse practioner" program fit into the big picture of nursing? Blessings to you!

Great to hear from you Sis! Hope all goes well in your schooling. My PhD is on track to start in January ‘19. Check in if you can. I know being a parent, school, and work means very little room for anything else. All our prayers are with you. Shalom.

Last edited:
Back