• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello From Oregon

Hello,
I am a married christian man. I believe in the practice of polygyny as it was practiced by the patriarchs. Though, I belong to no denomination, I have a firm faith of my own. My wife is not interested in living a plural marriage lifestyle. She understands it from a logical point of view but does not accept it emotionally. I love her dearly. I would like to be a part of an understanding community and learn from those who practice marriage as I believe it is meant to be. There may never be a day that I am able to practice what I believe but I hope to at least enjoy good company of fellow thinkers.
Thank you to whoever the administrators of this board are. You are doing a service to the world by educating minds and opening eyes.

Welcome, Robert! I think you'll find yourself in the majority here - a "polywannabe", if you will. You're in good company, mate.

welcome, robin

it took my wife 3 years to embrace the idea, so hang in there!

Ha ha polywannabe. That makes me feel like a tadpole going through metamorphis.
Thank you for the welcome folks. Steve, I am very curious as to the steps that led to your wife's conclusion. My wife knew within months of our relationship what I believed. My love for her has simply eclipsed my beliefs. But we'll see what the future holds.

Welcome Robin! I hope you find some encouragement and instruction here to help you on your journey.

I am with Steve, if the Lord wants it He will make a way in your wife's heart to embrace this truth. We love supporters though!

Welcome to the forums, Robin! Any chance you could join us for the Idaho retreat at the end of the month?

Blessings

Doc

Hi Robin, and welcome from the eastern edge of Washington state; we're neighbors! I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Reviving this old thread to inform y'all that my wife has been allowing me to date since July. Things are looking up but it will still be a process with much emotional see-sawing happening. She has at least opened up to it.

Robin Goodfellow said:
Reviving this old thread to inform y'all that my wife has been allowing me to date since July. Things are looking up but it will still be a process with much emotional see-sawing happening. She has at least opened up to it.

Personally I would be uncomfortable thinking of my wife "allowing" me to do something as if she had me tamed ("He is not a tame lion" - Narnia). Not judging you or what works for you.

But this does seem like a major breakthrough for you all. Congrats.

I would be interested in who you are meeting and how you are meeting them and what you tell them and how they react to that.

Best wishes,
Chris

Hello robin, happy to hear your wife is having a change of heart on living plural marriage. You should try and mention this website to her and point her in the direction of the women forum on here, It might help her a little more. We also have a women's chat on Tuesday night that she is more than welcome to join. If she needs of wants someone to talk to I am available any time.
May God bless you all
Tiffany

so glad to hear that your wife has worked through her feelings enough to where she is reasonably ok with your dating.

personally speaking, I have never dated since coming into the understanding of poly, ok, wait, that is not totally true. Deborah and I went on dates during our honeymoon. (I do not get home much) :shock: :D

Back