• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Pennsylvania

lace_bell86

Hi!

I'm new to the whole idea of plural marriages but I would really like to learn more about it and maybe meet up with a few people to actually get to see how life is.

I'm 25, with a 3 year old daughter.

If you have any suggestions on how I can meet up with anybody to see how life is, please let me know.

Thanks!

God Bless.

Welcome.

Come to a retreat. Bring your daughter. There will be one over New Year's weekend. Hang out with lots of neat folks. Ask all the questions you want. Make great friends. MAAAAAYbe even fall in love ...

Greetings from the staff here.

As far as doing some reading visit our resources page located to your top right of your screen. In that page we have many resources and you can also visit the teaching articles where we have some good material for you as well there.

As for meeting people we host retreats around the country and that is always a good place to meet people and learn more about their life in the Lord. We have one coming up soon actually.

Praying for you as the Lord so leads you.

Hello Lace Bell 86 :D

Welcome to the group LaceBell! Tell us more about your journey. There's plenty to read here on the boards (some of us RFS...restless fingers syndrome :lol:). I agree with Dr.Allen, the resource pages and teaching articles are a great place to start. Enjoy! We look forward to hearing from you.

Well besides be a single mom to my 3 year old I'm trying to finish up college for my bachelors degree in criminal justice.

I was married at 19, divorced at 22 because the person I was married to was not ready to be a father and my daughter was here so it was too late.

I am really interested in meeting people who are in plural marriages.

I have thought alot about it and I think that maybe it's what my calling is. I think the world is lacking love, but with all the research that I have done about different religions and marriage I have come to the conclusion that God, love, and family are very important in this time of lifestyle.

lace_bell86 said:
Well besides be a single mom to my 3 year old I'm trying to finish up college for my bachelors degree in criminal justice.

I was married at 19, divorced at 22 because the person I was married to was not ready to be a father and my daughter was here so it was too late.

I am really interested in meeting people who are in plural marriages.

I have thought alot about it and I think that maybe it's what my calling is. I think the world is lacking love, but with all the research that I have done about different religions and marriage I have come to the conclusion that God, love, and family are very important in this time of lifestyle.

You are so right.....it is so funny that you say that the world is lacking love!!! At 47 years old I finally have come to the realization that the lack of love in this world is what is wrong. I have a song that I play sometimes....it was not written as a religious song originally, but it has become one in a way because it's message is just that... "Love is the Answer" it's a 70's ballad. I remember it from when I was a child and came across it recently and play it almost daily. It lifts me!!!

Welcome again,
Jen

Hi LaceBell86. Welcome to Biblical Families. Sounds like you have studied this subject a lot already. You have come to a good place for discussion, and I hear the retreats are a bunch of fun. Watch out for weird people though, especially from overseas. Regards, ylop

Hi, LaceBell, and welcome.

When I was in Hi Skule, many moons ago, :lol: I had a girlfriend who always talked about wanting to move back to Pennsylvania...and one day, her family did just that. :cry:

It's great that you are finishing up your Bachelor's Degree. Hang in there, and don't give up! Maybe, someday, we will be able to meet at a retreat or something.

Hi there

Interesting post. Its interesting to see a lot of women coming on here. Im undecided on the plural marriage issue and am still exploring it, but you certainly seem like a decent woman with a good outlook and plan for your life. I appreciate that you have shared your personal circumstances and you are certainly helping me to understand where people are coming from.

It seems like many women have married men who were simply not mature enough for marriage, and the men who are mature enough in all areas of their life these days are in decline. I admit in my earlier years I was definitely too immature for marriage. I am definitely learning from peoples posts and learnt something from this one.

God bless you

Hi there!

Welcome to BF! Make yourself at home, and get connected. We are also on Facebook as well at:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/biblicalfamilies/

So check us out there, too!

Come to a retreat! That's the BEST way to meet some of the families here involved with BF.

Let us know how we can be a blessing to you.

In Christ,

Doc Burkhart

Thank You ALL for all of your kind words. I really appreciate it. So far I am enjoying this website alot. I have learned alot of good things and I hope that my experience here continues to be as wonderful as it has been!! :p

God bless you sincerely Lace and I pray God will speak to you through this community and his word, and I also pray the Lord will answer your prayers.

AussieGuy30 said:
God bless you sincerely Lace and I pray God will speak to you through this community and his word, and I also pray the Lord will answer your prayers.

Thanks!! Your so positive!!!

Back