• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from the grand land of Michigan!

Josef

Hello. My name is Josef. I am 30 year old man from Michigan, married to an amazing wife with a wonderful 8-month old daughter. My wife and I are devout Christians who follow the Bible - Old and New Testaments, God never changes! - building our family as God has intended His people to do.

I love God, my family, and my state and nation, despite the fact that the last two and I disagree on a number of things. God, in His wisdom, has seen it fit to put us each where we are, so we do what we can to make it a better place. I would love to meet and build lasting ties with those who also follow God's plan, so please, feel free to reply, message, e-mail, send carrier pigeons, whatever.

I suppose I should include some personal info, too. Like I sad before, 30, man, and am a full-time father and husband, part-time writer, origami florist (not kidding, I do get paid for that), photographer, and a whole host of other things. Been a Christian since I was 18, and though I'm not beholden to any denomination, I don't consider myself a non-denom, as that seems to be becoming a little clique on its own. Not trying to offend, it just is happening around my area.

Feel free to message me. I would love to meet folks in the West Michigan area!

Welcome Josef. You'll find the whole gambit of denominations here. I used to consider myself non-denom but found that to sound non-commital. Unfortunately i haven't found anything else that fits, so non-denom it remains by default. I have been playing around with Christian Orthodox Patriarch, but not too sure on my use of Orthodox.

Anyway... whoever you are, whatever you are, welcome again.

BTW. You know what I found most unique in your introduction? A complete lack of any mention of plural marriage. Fascinating. Just an observation.

And congrats on the relatively new born. It'll be fun... Most of the time. :)

You mentioned God put you where you are. While we may normally take that as a given, to mention it specifically usually denotes significance. do you think your location is a trial for your family or an opportunity?

I encourage you to read some of the older threads on here. Lots of good stuff that has been buried under the cyberpages of time.

God bless.

"BTW. You know what I found most unique in your introduction? A complete lack of any mention of plural marriage. Fascinating. Just an observation."

Haha, I wondered if someone would comment on that - I was going to add more, but my baby girl decided to cut her morning nap short and sing her ballad of awakening, so I had to wrap up quick. I have studied and believed in Christian marriage (not trying to start a fracas, just my term for it - I personally don't like the term plural marriage, as I know people who have had 6 marriages, one at a time, because they can't keep them together) an a firm believer that it is allowed by God for building families, spreading the faith, and giving protection to the weakest and most vulnerable of our society, specifically children and women who have been cast aside by selfish males who care only for themselves. Selfishness is when weakness and cowardice are emboldened by a false sense of entitlement.

"You mentioned God put you where you are. While we may normally take that as a given, to mention it specifically usually denotes significance. do you think your location is a trial for your family or an opportunity?"

Yes, I do believe I have been put where I am for a significant reason. I firmly believe, for many reasons, that Michigan is fertile ground to reclaim and grow the biblical ideal of marriage and family.

I have considered the term Patriarchal Christian for my beliefs, as I follow the Bible in its entirety, as did the fathers of our faith and as the Father wishes. I think it fits. I would avoid the term Orthodox, as it is a term which requires a modifier, kind of like the word "power". One can't say "I have power", as that could mean anything from physical strength political clout to electricity. Without a lengthy explanation, Orthodox means next to nothing. Just my position as a student of words and the Word.

To David - glad there are some more of the same mind and heart in Michigan. I believe, with God's grace, we can turn this ship around! I can't wait to meet and talk with fellow Christians and defenders of faith and family.

Welcome Josef, and welcome David! Glad you both found us.

Josef, we lived in Ireland for a couple of years. Over there, the terms "Catholic" and "Protestant" have very strong political connotations. We went to a solid middle-ground Protestant church, but nobody used the word Protestant. They just called themselves Christians. Far simpler. I now do the same. So I'm a Christian who happens to currently attend an Open Brethren church.

Political labels are just as difficult. I now call myself a "morally conservative social libertarian", which is a horrible mouthful but seems to work!

God really put on my heart a number of years back the division of His bride with the use of doctrines from the various denominations. Just like how legalism became the crutch of the Pharisees, I can see how the crutch of the Body of Christ is in the significant separation and division of denominationalism. (And I totally agree with you, Josef, non-denominational *is* a denomination all on it's own now. Which is quite ironic!! Haha...but I've found that many churches calling themselves "non-denominational" actually affiliate closely with Full-Gospel doctrine and practices.)

When folks ask me "what denomination are you" or "what kind of Christian are you", I often respond with something along the lines of, "I believe, participate, and belong to the 'denomination' of the Body of Christ, the Bride of the King, and am a worshiper of the God of all creation. I am a daughter of the living God." .....Usually that shuts it all up or opens the conversation as to why I didn't just say something simple like "I do not affiliate with any denominations." LMAO!!! ;)

In any case, have fun chatting and reading on the forum!! And if your wife is interested, we have Tuesday night chats with the ladies, 7:30 pm EST. We'd love to chitty chat with her too! ;)

Thanks for the info on the ladies chat, Lizness - its good info to know

As for the denominationalism, I love your answer. Thorough and definitely gets the point across.

Back