• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Tulsa!

rejoicinghandmaid

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Hello to everyone! I joined last night and didn't realize there was a way to introduce myself. So then my dilema has been--what to say about me, especially since I only know 4 of you--2 of those being my oldest son and my sweet daughter-in-law. I'm an educator--just finished my 38th year of teaching. I'm also an administrator--founder and president of DEAR (Dyslexic Education Association of R's), I have a small ACE Christian School--Mtn. View Christian Academy (since 2000), and I'm the director of G.R.A.C.E. (Girls and Guys Reaching Ahead w/Christian Education) since 2001 which is an adult alternative education opportunity for high school dropouts. This program launched in 2001 out of the Hope Pregnancy Center in Tulsa, OK, outgrew their conference room for classes by 2007, and then moved into my school facility I've also worked with home school families since 1986 in mentoring the moms and tutoring students when needed and maintaining permanent records.

My husband of 38 years joined his Saviour September 18, 2012. Our six children have blessed us with 15 grandchildren--the oldest is 22 and youngest is 5 months. My children and grandchildren bring so much joy to my life. I attended Bob Jones University for 3 years before marrying. I'm currently enrolled in Louisiana Baptist University to finish my bachelors. I thoroughly enjoy classical music. French Horn is my major instrument, but I also play trumpet and a little piano. We sang as a family as the children grew up and still enjoy singing when we get together. The many Scripture songs God has given me from the KJV are especially dear to my heart. Our children learned large amounts of Scripture to music. My school students learn Scripture songs every year committing large numbers of verses to memory. I'm a writer. Because I deal with a growing number of complete non-readers through DEAR spanning all ages , the Lord led me to begin a project called Easy Stories which systematically introduces a complete phonics program for children and older than k-5 from a beginning reading level advancing them to at least a 3rd or 4th grade reading level by the time they finish. The project is approximately 1/2 finished with 24 stories written.

I read voraciously, love to crochet (large and small yarn and thread), enjoy walking and hiking, and rejoice that my Yeshua desires a love relationship with me. I desire to be His handmaid and serve Him with abandonment.

Welcome! :):D
Now I have one more reason to hope that we get to attend the retreat this year. You sound like an amazing mom, and grandma, and I'm sure you have been a blessing to unknown numbers of people....and will be a blessing to this forum as well!

Welcome! :):D
Now I have one more reason to hope that we get to attend the retreat this year. You sound like an amazing mom, and grandma, and I'm sure you have been a blessing to unknown numbers of people....and will be a blessing to this forum as well!
I hope I get to me you, Jolene.

Hello to everyone! I joined last night and didn't realize there was a way to introduce myself. So then my dilema has been--what to say about me, especially since I only know 4 of you--2 of those being my oldest son and my sweet daughter-in-law. I'm an educator--just finished my 38th year of teaching. I'm also an administrator--founder and president of DEAR (Dyslexic Education Association of R's), I have a small ACE Christian School--Mtn. View Christian Academy (since 2000), and I'm the director of G.R.A.C.E. (Girls and Guys Reaching Ahead w/Christian Education) since 2001 which is an adult alternative education opportunity for high school dropouts. This program launched in 2001 out of the Hope Pregnancy Center in Tulsa, OK, outgrew their conference room for classes by 2007, and then moved into my school facility I've also worked with home school families since 1986 in mentoring the moms and tutoring students when needed and maintaining permanent records.

My husband of 38 years joined his Saviour September 18, 2012. Our six children have blessed us with 15 grandchildren--the oldest is 22 and youngest is 5 months. My children and grandchildren bring so much joy to my life. I attended Bob Jones University for 3 years before marrying. I'm currently enrolled in Louisiana Baptist University to finish my bachelors. I thoroughly enjoy classical music. French Horn is my major instrument, but I also play trumpet and a little piano. We sang as a family as the children grew up and still enjoy singing when we get together. The many Scripture songs God has given me from the KJV are especially dear to my heart. Our children learned large amounts of Scripture to music. My school students learn Scripture songs every year committing large numbers of verses to memory. I'm a writer. Because I deal with a growing number of complete non-readers through DEAR spanning all ages , the Lord led me to begin a project called Easy Stories which systematically introduces a complete phonics program for children and older than k-5 from a beginning reading level advancing them to at least a 3rd or 4th grade reading level by the time they finish. The project is approximately 1/2 finished with 24 stories written.

I read voraciously, love to crochet (large and small yarn and thread), enjoy walking and hiking, and rejoice that my Yeshua desires a love relationship with me. I desire to be His handmaid and serve Him with abandonment.
Welcome! I know i have said it before but after reading this i am really excited you are here. You have so much knowledge i look forward to learning from you.

Yes God willing I will be there. I think I will be camping. I will possibly be going up with Kevin and Jessica. :)
Oh, okay. Kevin and Jessica are the only other 2 people I know from BF besides my son and daughter-in-law. Looking forward to meeting you. The time will fly by between now and then. Can't believe we're already through the 1st week of June--the year is already almost half gone :/

Hi!! Welcome to BF....It's been a while hope you make it to chat on Monday its always nice. I can't wait to see you again it would be nice to get more of a chance to talk.
Hi, Jessica, I do hope to get some down time while at the retreat. Because I've never been to one, I don't know how busy the schedule stays. It will be great to connect again. You guys know Joe and Charity really well. Seems like every time you've been up I see you in passing or learn that you've just been up and are already gone. I'll try getting into the chat Monday--no promises. Sometimes I'm tech challenged. I'll give it a try. The instructions seem pretty simple so with the Lord's help maybe I can get in. Sure hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Welcome
It’s good to have you here:)

Good morning and welcome from Florida! You have a wonderful introduction. I too worked in the educational field as an administrative assistant for the special needs children. I really miss it and hope an opportunity will come in the future to go back. Hopefully you can come to chat on Mondays, it's a nice group and we talk about lots of fun stuff.

Again, glad you are here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

Welcome!

Shalom and welcome.

Back