• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Washington (state)

Oreslag

Greets Folks,

My wife and I are on the Kitsap Penninsula in Silverdale. Though we are not in a PM, we agree that the doctrine of the mainstream Christian churches is quite clearly opposed to the clear teachings of scripture on this particular topic, and to varying degrees this is also true on the topics of relationship, family, and marriage generally. Thus, we often find our hearts in conflict over our desire to be in fellowship with God's family and our obligation to acknowledge the truth. For this reason, my conscience has not permitted me to join our family to a church since we left the last one we were a part of in our previous home in New Hampshire. Indeed, any church sufficiently serious about the word of God will compel me to subordinate myself to their false doctrines as well, and the rest of the churches that would have me don't generally believe much of the bible.

Perhaps also noteworthy, my wife and I have considered PM seriously and are certainly open to where God leads us in this. However, we are also fearful of the many things that could go wrong (e.g. within the relationship if we choose unwisely, within our family - some of which we expect will not accept our choice, within our community because of cultural bias, etc.).

In any case, we are excited to hear of brothers and sisters that hold the Word to be the true authority in their lives; particularly in courage of conviction to oppose the confusion men bring upon it with their befuddling arguments - as though the Word was written exclusively for professional religious men. We are hoping to be able to meet with others in our area and form a Christian fellowship of families. We have a 'blended' family (my wife and I were both previously married). My stepson is eighteen and soon to be off to college. We also have a son that is 10 months old, intend to have as many as the Lord will give us, and are hoping that they are relatively close together in age. Though he is only 10 months old, we are hoping to form close relationships with families of similar conviction so that we'll have a 'head start' on finding him a godly bride someday.

My lovely bride was formerly a middle-school teacher, then returned to graduate school and became a molecular pathologist doing cancer research as a single mother following her first marriage, and finally gave all that up to be my wife and the mother of my children. God's grace in this matter continues to stun me to this day; for she found me, was exactly what I needed and desired, and I was completely unaware of all these truths before God introduced us. The joke was certainly on me for even thinking I knew what I was doing! I am a physicist and have worked primarily in semiconductor device development, though more recently I've been focused primarily on failure analysis.

Together in Christ,
Steven

Welcome to the group, Steven!
I have noticed a fair number of new members in the great Pacific Northwest region. I hope to move my family to the area sometime in the next few years as mine and my wife's families are both in either California or Oregon.
You might want to PM one of the staff members to see if there is a group already forming in your area. Is your wife on the forum also? If so, I hear great things about our ladies group and their Tuesday night chats. There is plenty go read here. I would start in the resources page and the teaching articles. May God bless you and your family on your journey. Hope to hear more from you soon. Again, welcome and God bless.

-Will

Hi Steven. Welcome to BF! Great scientific backgrounds from yourself and your wife too. If you search posts under my name you will see a silly one from a while ago relating chemistry to plural marriage, it might amuse you. ylop

ylop said:
Hi Steven. Welcome to BF! Great scientific backgrounds from yourself and your wife too. If you search posts under my name you will see a silly one from a while ago relating chemistry to plural marriage, it might amuse you. ylop

That was quite intertaining! We both got a kick out of it.

Welcome to the board and thanks for your testimony.

I guess thats a question I have been asking, where do you find a church that believes in PM? Do any actually exist?

AussieGuy30 said:
I guess thats a question I have been asking, where do you find a church that believes in PM? Do any actually exist?

Well ... there's a denomination in Africa. They've got a few churches in South Florida. Kinda strange in a bunch of other ways.

There's a Messianic organization that meets in ... South Florida, but with a church in Oregon and another somewhere in Australia.

Mainline Protestant churches? Ya gotta talk to individual pastors. Some will quietly agree, though they usually say they don't think it wise to practice in our society. Others will hit the roof. Others will welcome you to worship but restrict you from ministering in the congregation, or require that you not talk about it. *shrug* Bizarre!

Don't know any that openly embrace it.

Another belated hello to you guys!!

Welcome!

Blessings from Korea,

Doc Burkhart

Back