• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello I'm new here

Bluebell

Real Person
Female
Normally I would resist posting a greeting in a new place because it makes me uncomfortable. But I met a lot of great people at the West coast retreat this weekend and want to foster those relationships and make others
I hope to start joining the ladies chat on Mondays.

Any other women or moms trying to be better at intentionality and discipline?

Welcome to the forum!

You met some of my family up there. I'm sure they were friendly and outgoing, but I promise they were out of their respective comfort zones.

Always! I have to constantly remind myself that consistency is kinder to everyone. If a mom makes exceptions all the time, she will soon find herself paying for everyone else's bad habits or choices.

I rarely remember the chat, but now that Lanora is participating she reminds me.

I look forward to getting to know you better! :)

Welcome

Hello, welcome from Oklahoma! My mom in law was at the retreat.

Sure was

Normally I would resist posting a greeting in a new place because it makes me uncomfortable. But I met a lot of great people at the West coast retreat this weekend and want to foster those relationships and make others
I hope to start joining the ladies chat on Mondays.

Welcome. I am glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you.
Is your husband here as well?
Where do you live, I am in NE Texas

Welcome to the forum, @Bluebell! It was wonderful to meet you! My kids were just enamored with your littles. :)

So glad you’re on here!

I was hoping they weren't horrified by my son's misbehavior! Your kids are so calm and nice. :)

I am in the middle of reading Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus by John Gray. I was reminded of what Sonshine said in the women's session about emotional ups and downs about having a sister wife. The author describes those emotions as a wave that comes and goes like a menstrual cycle but not necessarily synced with it. And they are linked to deep childhood issues and fears. When a woman is feeling bad about herself it is because she is going down into a well. It is a time for emotional housecleaning and when the husband needs to be most understanding and listen just to listen and not try to fix his woman and not tell her that she shouldn't be feeling upset. That book has given me good insights into why my husband and I think so differently. And why we get so confused by each other! There is so much more I could share from that book but I have to get back to my domestic engineer "job".
Anyone else read it?

Back