• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Help for translation

meryc

Male
Could you, members, to help me translate a book about marriage to English?
Below I've posted the manuscript of the book, and you can comment the corrections. Next week I can post more.

Attachments

• Marriage, Divorce, Polygamy and Sex in the Bible.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Just ran across this. Have you attempted to run it through GPT for translation? Even if you are dealing with the physical book, it would seem like it could accelerate the process tremendously.

Is this something you are writing? Is it something someone else wrote, and you want to translate it into another language?
If this is your writing, I highly suggest you run it through prowriteaid or Grammarly after making the settings for the type of writing you are doing.

Opening with a metaphor is a weak opening sentence and doesn't clearly state the subject and issue at hand.

To be brutally honest, I have to say it is not written in a very gripping fashion - although as a matter or principle I don't like @MarkH's suggestion about using AI tools to improve it, I fully understand why he has suggested it.

Also, as I mentioned to someone else today, there are already many books on this subject in English. I would suggest considering very carefully whether this book makes an additional contribution to the literature before putting a lot of effort translating it into this language. Unless it makes a highly unique contribution and fills a gap that is not yet covered by the existing literature, you may be better off putting your effort into translating it into a language which does not yet have much literature on the topic.

To be brutally honest, I have to say it is not written in a very gripping fashion - although as a matter or principle I don't like @MarkH's suggestion about using AI tools to improve it, I fully understand why he has suggested it.

Also, as I mentioned to someone else today, there are already many books on this subject in English. I would suggest considering very carefully whether this book makes an additional contribution to the literature before putting a lot of effort translating it into this language. Unless it makes a highly unique contribution and fills a gap that is not yet covered by the existing literature, you may be better off putting your effort into translating it into a language which does not yet have much literature on the topic.
I doubt we need another book on topic. If current literature isn't enough to convince monogamy-only people, I doubt Moses himself would.

Back