• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi all from Australia

AussieGuy30

Hi all,

Just joined this forum recently after reading some of the informative posts on here.

My background is that I have been saved by the grace of Jesus Christ for around six years, I have been involved in the Pentecostal and other churches for a few years, and have also been a preacher at one stage. I am currently a person who has the monogamous view toward marriage, however I have been feeling the Lord has been leading me to look into polygamy.

I almost married a couple of different girls in the past, but decided to remain single, because I felt I wasn't ready and needed to focus on what God had called me to do. I do feel God has put a big calling on my life, and I have been praying about whether God wants me to have more than one wife to support the call He has put on my life.

At this present time I am content being single. Before I got saved I was fairly wild and dated many different women and mainly used them for sex, but the Lord showed me this was wrong and I managed to turn my life around after making a few mistakes after getting saved. Praise be to God, I now have a Godly respsect for women and am living a Christian lifestyle.

I guess my main reason for joining this forum is to discuss the issue of polygamy and to discover if it is biblical, so when I do get married in the future I can discuss polygamy with my future wife. I'm looking for fellowship on this forum from both men and women, I have no problem in fellowshipping with a polygamous family, and I would certainly welcome a polygamous family into a church I was preaching at, and would not persecute them.

God bless you all

What a great testimony! I think you will find that there has been a resurgence in the biblical aspect of polygyny (one man more than one wife). I have read numerous posts similar to yours where an individual was led by the Holy Spirit into understanding the godly nature of polygyny - just as I was not all that long ago. Welcome to the forum. (P.S. I'm American but working on establishing business in the Philippines)

Hi AussieGuy30, welcome to Biblical Families. I am sure you will find plenty of discussion and information here. There is another Australian who posts occasionally, watch out for those ones as he is kind of weird. ylop

Back