• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi from New York!

jasmine

I'm Jasmine. I'm 22. I have a baby boy from a previous marriage....it was short lived and terrible yet somehow God blessed me with a beautiful baby, who made it all seem better.
I was raised Catholic, and my parents have always been very, um, serious about being Catholic and staying Catholic. but have always had my own ideas and polygamy is something I've felt was for me even as a younger girl, but am only just now embracing it I suppose. I don't see it as degrading or strange or twisted like a lot of people do. It actually has always seemed very good to me. People say the women can be neglected or abused in polygamous relationships, but I was very neglected/abused in a monogamous relationship. So its seems like its something that in the wrong hands can be a bad thing, but it depends on the people involved. So, my hope is to marry one day into polygamy, whether that be as a first wife or coming into a home as an additional wife is sort of up to God I guess. But hopefully I can learn about this lifestyle I believe in so much and meet new, like minded people

Jasmine, your introduction is very nice.
You display a very sweet spirit and an open mind with courage. I believe you will do well. As you investigate this style of marriage, may I encourage you to discover the God of the Bible, He is much greater than any particular church or doctrine can contain. He and He alone will be the one to give ultimate purpose to your life. God will also direct and lead you into learning about marriage.

Hello Jasmine,

It is refreshing to hear from someone who has actually thought about the concept of plural marriage, and saw its benefits, while also being keenly aware of the pitfalls.

Welcome to the forums. It is great to have you here!

Doc Burkhart
Biblical Families staff

Welcome Jasmine.
I stumbled across this site a couple years back and have found good friends and lots of information and insights. Hubby and I believe in this lifestyle, but it's currently just the two of us. All our kids are grown and gone, so it's just us and the dog. We aren't actively looking for a second wife, but if God leads us in that direction we're certainly willing to head in His direction.
Clyde

jasmine said:
IPeople say the women can be neglected or abused in polygamous relationships, but I was very neglected/abused in a monogamous relationship. So its seems like its something that in the wrong hands can be a bad thing, but it depends on the people involved

Very wise. I am sorry that you had to learn this the hard way. I hope that you find what you are looking for.

LOL, I have only managed to marry or be interested in women that at least at one time, were Catholic, or remained so. Maybe you shouldn't talk to me, I might become interested. You have all the right qualifications it would seem. That and I've been sitting in Mahwah NJ for the last day and a half. I leave in the morning though. Ta ta for now.

Hi Jasmine,

Welcome to the site! We are new here was well. We believe that polygamy is a wonderful way to share your lives with more than one person. We are currently seeking a sister wife to join our family, just as you are seeking to join a family. We live in NJ, which is obviously not a "epicenter" of poly families. Good luck with your search. We hope to chat with you one day. :D

Bill & Heather

Back