• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi from NY

lights12

I am new to this site. My name is Jen and I have been interested in plural marriage for some time. I am single was raised Baptiste and Methodist, but have gradually felt my faith slipping away after a very negative marriage and a very lonely single motherhood. I have such strong feelings about marriage and family and really believe that love and faith are so intertwined that we need them to survive. I have been researching and it seems to me that having sister wives must be a blessing and I do not believe that God has any objections to plural marriage, as long as love exists because love is really the only important thing in life. I hope that this site and its forum can give me more knowledge and help me on my journey.

Hi Jen,

Welcome to Biblical Families. A great resource is the Tuesday night women's chat, at 7:30 p.m. Eastern time. It's a great place to get to know other women here. :)

--Kelly Deanne

Welcome from the staff here at BF.

Browse around on the forums and make sure to visit the Resources link to the top right of your screen. There is a lot of good info there from Dr. Luck and others and also visit the teaching articles section under that link. You'll find some good info in there as well.

May the Lord bless you in your journey.

Hi, Jen, and welcome to BF!

I have read that about the only thing worse than the death of a spouse is a divorce. And after going through a divorce (long before I studied what the Bible teaches about marriage and found that polygyny is not a sin!) I think I can agree with that. So I know what you have been through.

I sure hope that someday soon, we can meet at a retreat.

Thank you for your welcome and I hope to maybe go to the retreat around New Years...I have to see.

Jen M

Greetings from South Korea!

Welcome to BF! Make yourself at home, and ask lots of questions!!

Blessings

Doc Burkhart

Back