• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi From Southern California

Scorch

I just wanted to say hi. I've been signed up for over a month but too busy to compose an e-mail. Not to mention, I'm not really into social networking. I work in a high tech field and read the bible like it's a tech manual - which tends to give me an interesting perspective. I became a believer in polygamy (better polygyny) a long time ago while studying the bible - years before stumbling across your web site. I applaud you for what you're doing and how you keep the focus on God. I'm a single man, but I'm not looking to be "introduced" to anyone. I've been involved in ministry for over 15 years at a large church and love what I do there. Unfortunately my church doesn't believe in polygamy (not too surprising, I'm sure). To vocalize my beliefs would jeopardize the position I know God has called me to and hurt many people relying on me. So I hope everyone will understand why I'm not too forthcoming with personal information.

Hi Scorch. Welcome to Biblical Families. I am glad you joined up and look forward to your input. It will be good to hear from a long-term secret/and or non-practising believer. But don't you have an urge to put your beliefs into reality? ylop

Greetings brother.

If I or any of the other staff here can be of any aid to you in any way then just let us know.

And I pray heaven's richest upon you and your current ministry. May his grace empower you in all you do.

ylop said:
But don't you have an urge to put your beliefs into reality?
Yes, but... I should elaborate; I've taken no vow of celibacy (not that kind of church) my ministry is volunteer and I could have one wife and continue doing the ministry ...it's just not a big priority right now. When I believe God is releasing me, I will leave the ministry. I have dated a few different women over the years, but no wife yet. And there's one now that I've shared many scriptures about polygamy - she's not sure it's for her and knows her mom and siblings wouldn't approve.

Thank you all for your warm regards. You make us newbie's feel welcome.

Hi Scorch,
Welcome to BF. We are glad you are here. I trust you will find much information and insights here. We have pretty well turned over every rock looking for proof that polygyny is Biblical, sometimes we have turned them over and over. Many different perspectives have been revealed. I am sure one can find information and links to many sources that will help you in regard to Biblical marriage.

I like your screen name, it has a unique image. I have some biker friends that go by Crash and Spider. Scorch fits right in.

Blessings!

Back