• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi from Tennessee

CountryWmn

Hi everyone!! Wow, what to say?

I am a 45-year-old divorced woman with 3 children. Two of my children are grown and live away from home, but youngest still lives at home and is a senior in high school this year. She will attend college after graduation. :) I have many hobbies and no, shopping is not one of them. :D I really hate spending time in a mall. lol But, I DO love to be outdoors whenever possible.

I am supportive of the plural lifestyle and always have been. I read something, either here or on another site, that if you consider the many partners some have had over a lifetime, in its' own way, it is a plural way of life.. or something like that as I am lousy at quoting.

I have not always been a Christian, really was nothing at all. My past is definitely spotted. I met Christ, life changed, and I was married for 11 years this last time and even broached the subject of a sister wife and he was not interested at all. However, in the end, he left me for another woman. :| I don't hold any bitterness inside and am quite a happy person, easy to get along with and find joy in the most simple things.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Welcome CountryWmn!

My husband is considering going to graduate school at the Univ. of Tennessee! But all that would be another year or so away, if everything worked out.

I am sorry to hear about how your last husband left you. It is a story often told by women. It sounds like your kids are great, though! I have an 18 year old son that is going to college now and will be transfering into a 4-year University next year. As far as Christ goes, unfortunately I cannot say he as been called yet, but he has been quickened.

I look forward to getting to know you, too!

Hi and thanks for the welcome. :)

University of Tn. is a good school. I have several family members who work at various branches there in different fields. I am probably one of the only members of my family who does not fly the "big orange" colors. lol. I get a lot of ribbing for that!!

Yes, my story is one of many and my heart goes out to all women/men who have had to suffer the rejection and betrayal of a spouse. However, during the two years since, I have grown to know myself better and actually like who I am. :) My children have been great!! They are 27, 20 and 17.

My oldest daughter was married a year ago this past June and is very happy. My son did two years of college in East Tn. and then decided to join the Air Force. Again, youngest daughter is a senior in high school and is an amazing person. :)

What does your son study? I hope his transition goes smoothly, but am sure it will. :)

Today we celebrate our Thanksgiving, instead of Thursday, due to so much stress of having to run here and there on the actual day. It works out best for us. The hardest part is having to look at all of this food and goodies and not get into it before everyone arrives, ugh. lol

I hope everyone has a great day today!!

Hi from Mo./Ark . You will love this site. We have wonderful Godly men and women. Hope to
meet you at a retreat. dd

Sounds like going to UT would be a lot of fun just from the standpoint of having people to fellowship with. It is pretty cool that you have family teaching there.

Congratulations on your daughter's marriage! maybe soon you will have a grandchild to gaga over! I am looking forward to the day Arthur gets married (to the right girl!) and has some little ankle-biters. ;)

Arthur wishes to study game design (as in computer games). He also loves to write, so he might decide to minor in that (or possibly double major). I hope the transition goes well, too. So far junior college is very easy for him and he hardly needs to study. In my experience, a four year university isn't like that, but Arthur is probably a whole lot smarter than me!

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving Day today! I agree with you - it is a lot easier do get what you need now!

Cheers,
Laurie

I do hope to have grandchildren, but my oldest is unable. They are talking about adoption and I will support whatever they choose to do. So, it will probably be a while before I have any. :(

My son chose computer science and then did a complete turnaround and wants to be a police officer. lol. He plans to go into security forces, or whatever it is called, in the Air Force. He is planning to go career and I am very proud of him. :)

Everything is ready and waiting on family and friends now. Oh my, I wanted something a bit different this year at our dinner as it seems it is always the same old, same old, so I found a recipe for a caramel-apple pie and it smells SO good. lol. I hope it tastes as good as it smells!

CountryWmn said:
I found a recipe for a caramel-apple pie and it smells SO good. lol. I hope it tastes as good as it smells!

I'd be happy to taste it and give you my opinion! What time is dinner? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blessings,
Fairlight

Fairlight said:
CountryWmn said:
I found a recipe for a caramel-apple pie and it smells SO good. lol. I hope it tastes as good as it smells!

I'd be happy to taste it and give you my opinion! What time is dinner? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blessings,
Fairlight

LOL, you would be more than welcome to join us!! We are supposed to eat at 1:00 and I have found that most do not show up until exactly time to eat. lol

It is kind of funny though as I was telling a friend earlier today that I have no idea who all will be here this year. The kids invite more and more people and my mom and dad do the same, but, it is always interesting meeting new people. :)

Welcome CountryWmn! I feel I already know you because of all the posts. :) I hope you will continue to find community here. I would like to invite you to our ladies chat on Tuesday nights at 7:30 pm EST. The link is at the top of the Forum List. Please feel free to join us anytime. We love to have new ladies! FYI, you must have JAVA running on your computer first before you can chat. I look forward to getting to know you better...and hearing how your early Thanksgiving went.

Blesssings!

julieb said:
Welcome CountryWmn! I feel I already know you because of all the posts. :) I hope you will continue to find community here. I would like to invite you to our ladies chat on Tuesday nights at 7:30 pm EST. The link is at the top of the Forum List. Please feel free to join us anytime. We love to have new ladies! FYI, you must have JAVA running on your computer first before you can chat. I look forward to getting to know you better...and hearing how your early Thanksgiving went.

Blesssings!

Hi and thanks for the welcome! I guess I do tend to "never meet a stranger" and just talk and talk. :) I will definitely check out the ladies chat when my work schedule allows. :) Thank you for the invitation.

Thanksgiving Dinner went really well. It was so good to see everyone and I took a lot of pictures. My youngest nephews are growing up SO fast. Oh and Fairlight, that caramel-apple pie is great!! It got a lot of raves!

CountryWmn said:
Hi and thanks for the welcome! I guess I do tend to "never meet a stranger" and just talk and talk. :) I will definitely check out the ladies chat when my work schedule allows. :) Thank you for the invitation.

Thanksgiving Dinner went really well. It was so good to see everyone and I took a lot of pictures. My youngest nephews are growing up SO fast. Oh and Fairlight, that caramel-apple pie is great!! It got a lot of raves!

Would you be willing to share the recipe? I would love to try and make it! I am glad you got to see so much family! I love Thanksgiving and Christmas just for that!

I am very sorry that your daughter can't have children. I am sure this is heartbreaking to her. But any child that gets adopted will be sooo very delighted to have a mommy that loves then no matter what! That is every child's dream and I am sure she would make a wonderful mommy!

Once we are back from vacation, I look forward to doing more ladies chat myself!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi, Your dinner sounds great, glad it went well. I live in the Knoxville/Kingsport area and think East Tennessee is the most beautiful place created by the hand of God. Course there may be some that find there own space to be just as nice. But I think I will stick it out right here. Welcome, I look forward to your posts.
Pat

Tndreamergal said:
Hi, Your dinner sounds great, glad it went well. I live in the Knoxville/Kingsport area and think East Tennessee is the most beautiful place created by the hand of God. Course there may be some that find there own space to be just as nice. But I think I will stick it out right here. Welcome, I look forward to your posts.
Pat

Hi Pat and thanks for the welcome. Yes, East Tennessee is very beautiful! I love it there. I don't get to visit as often as I would like, but I do enjoy the mountains. :)

Back