• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi! I have a question.. just curious..

poo_cat

It doesn't apply to my situation/relationship, but I'm just curious - all the polygamous marriages/multiple partner relationships I've ever heard of have been 1 male and multiple women.. anyone ever heard of it being 1 woman and multiple men?

of course that happens, but it's not right according to scripture, so you'll find no support of it on this forum.
it's kind of hard to have two heads in a family

^_^ is correct.

It is also the reason that the term "polygyny", which specifically refers to patriarchal polygamy, is preferred by many here over the more generic, and arguably confusing, term "polygamy".

The latter CAN be used to include within the definition the Biblically-forbidden one woman with multiple heads "marriage" (THERE's imagery for ya! :( ) - also known as "polyandry".

It was just a curiousity thing.. even for someone who's completely open to and comfortable with multiple partner relationships, my mind STILL thinks off the beaten path.. ;)

Thank you for your answers.. :)

Back