• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi I'm Patrick I'm a recovering Monogamist

mixmates

Hi all,

The long and the short of it is that I believe in Polygyny as put forth in the Bible. I married young and it ended in divorce and then stupidly tried again right away and it ended in divorce. In both cases both women presented themselves as believers and in both cases they cheated and made it clear that it wasn't going to end. I was disheartened because all I had wanted was a family my entire life (I came from an extreme version of a broken home). I was alone with two children (I got custody) and one night after putting the kids to bed I went to mine and prayed probably the most honest prayer I ever made. I admitted to god that I made really bad choices when it came to women and that I needed a guiding hand. I told the Lord that whatever his will would stand and that I would accept and love the woman he would bring into my life - if he would bring one into my life. In other words I was pretty desperate. A couple months went by and I went to a restaurant.

I knew instantly it was her - from the first words... The buffet is over there - yeah really romantic I know. But we have weathered the toughest of times together. I was very honest with her in the beginning though. Before we were married I broached this subject and tried to explain to her my feelings. We put it on the back burner because for that moment it wasn't a priority - there was a lot to be done for our new family, she had a son (she was widowed. Further proof to me that she was god sent, and that biblically we were sanctified before God) and we needed to bring him back from her parents. The many further proofs to me followed, she had fulfilled all my desires and as many of you know that doesn't mean sex. It it were about sex the troubles would outweigh the good. I feel that we are approaching our time now and I wanted to find the right forum (hint to you all out there) to discuss the practical aspects of Polygyny as well as the pitfalls and most of all how to live in and develop a proper environment that glorifies God as well as our needs together.

Thanks,
Patrick

Welcome, Patrick. Best advice I can give you at this point is study together and pray. I think you will find this site a good resource.

Blessings in Him,

Mark

Thanks Mark - I will, it already has been very informative and I really have to say some of the people in it have proven very interesting already. It's pleasing to see that we can be Godly and at the same time be open and honest about feelings as well.

Thanks Again,

In Christ,
Patrick

A man getting custody is truly an amazing thing in North America. You must be well above the bar of the ex-es that deceived you.

I hope you have good talks.

Thanks Paul and Tlaloc,

Tlaloc actually I have been a little too proud of that sometimes I think - I actually gained custody in Waco, TX if that's any indicator. ; ) And as it happens I hope I give a good talk now and then - I was bringing up an old one that you'd given a great deal of thought to - with a great deal of information too.

Hello Patrick,

Sorry I did not get a chance to say hi when you first came on. I hope that you use the information on this site as a starting point in your own personal journey of discovery of this topic. In my own personal life, it has been a a road of revelation in numerous areas, and today I have a greater sense of my relationship with the Father and His Kingdom than ever before.

Welcome aboard!

Doc Burkhart

Hi Patrick.

Your story sounds similar to mine, though my first marriage ended for different reasons. I am now married for the third time, (not currently involved in polygyny - yet) but at God's direction. The difference is dramatic. My current wife and our daughter are obedient Christians and our life is 100 times better that what I had when I did it 'my way'. Though God revealed the polygyny thing to me/us quite independently from this group, I am trying to get a better understanding of how this is working for these people of faith. We know based upon the scriptures that Isaiah chapter 4 will come to pass in order to fulfill the plan of God in the earth for the end times, but are waiting for God to carry it out for us. Welcome, though I am also a new member.

Be blessed,

Dr. Ray

Back