• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi. My name is SilverFox. I'm a...

Isaac

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
...introvert who is stepping WAY outside the safety of his box. :)

My wife has been on here for months now. She's been relatively involved and posted/commented regularly. Her name is Somshine and I'm her husband. Happily so and truly blessed to have her as my wife. She's been encouraged by others on here...from their words of wisdom and comfort and love. For that, I am grateful. Especially so, because at times, it feels as though I cannot help in any way with some of the things she's feeling and experiencing. It's a truly humbling place to be. So I turn her over to God and pray for her. And as there aren't friends, family, or brothers and sisters she can talk to aside from me and my prospective wife, it has been nice to see her have this to be able to talk and share and ask questions of like-minded believers.

I'm close to marrying another wonderful woman, and well....that's not easy for any of us, especially my beloved Sonshine. Even with it being the direction I feel God is leading, it's hard. It is challenging and testing all of us to our very core. And to be completely honest, it is absolutely terrifying! I'm scared beyond belief and could use all the help I can get.

I KNOW that there is a great blessing to fellowship...to believers joining together in conversation, prayer, comfort, and sharing one another's burdens. In being open and honest and seeking advice and insight from others believers, especially ones who have experience. That being said, its VERY hard for me. I don't like being open and sharing my life or details with but a VERY select few. It does not come easy to me. I'm very protective and guarded. Even more so with the family God has trusted me with. I don't do Facebook. Have NEVER read a blog or posted on a forum, let alone even visited on one. :) Due to her activity on here and her sharing things during our conversations, I've been peeping around for a little while, reading posts and comments. That turned into creating an account. That was about where it was going to stay until we've taken another step in the direction of another woman being added to our family as my wife. I see the benefit and wisdom of this forum. I see how God can use it and it can help us and we could maybe help others someday. Even though I see that, I still wouldn't get involved and just stay back on the sidelines. And then Somshine told me that she'd be encouraged by posting, or just an introduction. Soooo....here it is. :) It's not the only reason, but certainly the kick in the butt I needed to get me past myself and venture outside my box...where I know God wants me to go.

Not sure what this looks like for me. How much you'll see me posting and commenting and such. I'm more of a private message kind of guy (which I can't seem to figure out how to do...HAHA!)...but here I am! Here's my introduction. It's nice to meet you! :)

Last edited:
Welcome...
Just be cautious of jurisdictional words like wife / marry if you live state side where "freedom" ( high incarceration and control) resides and other similar cultures. Lol.
Is crazy out there..

Last edited:
Hi, SilverFox, and welcome aboard! Feel free to browse and lurk to your heart's content, and when you're ready, jump on in, the water's fine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you've posted an introduction.
Don't you love how YHWH works? He says, "Do this" and you say, "Nope, I'm good." Then He says "Do this, it will be good for you." and you say, "I'm not ready yet." Then He throws you in a situation where you HAVE to do it, so you do, and then you find out it's actually not so bad.
I promise we don't bite :). We do sharpen each other though, but it's for the greater good.
Part of the security features of this forum are that you can't send private messages straight away. This is to prevent problems with scammers. But since you're not a scammer I've asked Samuel to give you full privileges which he will do in a few minutes. Then if you want to send a private message on here there are two ways to do it. Firstly, they're called 'conversations'. You can click on anyone's name to the left of their posts and a black box will come up with the option to 'start a conversation'. Or you can go to the top of the page and click on the envelope in the top right corner. Then click on 'start a new conversation', then just enter the person's name that you wish to contact.

Good to meet you SilverFox, and I'm glad you've spoken up! You'll find private messaging works properly for you now, check it out again.

Last edited:
****This message was posted 8:11PM Central time ****

Hi SilverFox, great name.
My wives and I are living this lifestyle and also learning as we go. If you ever want to talk privately instead of publicly you can write me.

Welcome @SilverFox! I cannot tell you how it blesses me to see you have decided to join us here.

@IshChayil, Thank you for the offer. I will likely take you up on that at some point. :) As for my name, yes. It certainly suits me. My parents got the idea of the name from Genesis and from a little baby boy my mother was babysitting while pregnant with me. My two older brothers (4 and 5 at the time) loved this little guy so much they insisted their new baby brother was to be named the same. :)

Last edited:
So great to have you here SilverFox! I hope we can give a lot of support and wisdom to you. It has been nice to get to know your wife.

Thank you for coming out of your comfort zone to introduce yourself! Welcome. I'm glad you are here. :)

Thanks, @julieb . And thank you so much for your support and help. It's much appreciated. :)

Thank you, @Ginny . I'm glad too! :) And thank you for your willingness to help and support us.

Back