• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi

clyde44

Hello ladies
I found your site this morning and couldn't be happier with what I've read so far. I posted in the general introduction part of the site, but think I want to say hi to the ladies as well. My husband and I are thinking of a second wife for him. We're happily married, and wish to share what God has given us with my best friend of 20 years. I had a lovely response from Nathan 7 and he's going to send me some info on the next NC retreat. I hope we can figure out how to attend. I have so many questions, I'm not sure where to start. I guess maybe I just want to chat with some of you who are living with it, or through it, or whatever the correct term is. I think hubby and I both feel that this is what we're meant to do, but it's a bit daunting to think of the road ahead. Any tips, reassurances(?) advice would be welcome.

Hello,
Welcome to our humble little site. We are happy you have joined us here. I am SweetLissa, Pastor Randy's second wife. We have been married over a year now, but presently are among the very few polygamous families that have three members and three homes. This is because Pastor Randy is out of the country at the moment and we were in the process of moving from Nevada to Texas when he left. We will complete the process when he returns, probably early in 2010. My sister (Randy's first wife) is T. She reads our posts but isn't confident enough yet with the computer to try posting. She often gives me her insights and I include them in my posts.

We love to meet new people and I am anxious to get to know you. You can ask whatever you want. If you want more personal answers, feel free to PM us.

Sweet Lissa

Sweet Lissa
Thanks for the nice welcome. I'm not sure where to start with all the questions I have. But I find as I read through some of the posts that I'm getting a few answers that way. So I'll give you a bit of info about me (us). We live in Virginia on hubby's family farm, about 100 acres total but we're only responsible for 5. We have a fabulous view of the Blue Ridge Mountains from our back yard, and never get tired of the sunsets there. I love to read, do crafty things with the grand kids(2, 5, and 6), and cook. One of our favorite activites is fixing dinner together. It's just a nice time to catch up on how our day was. We also love to entertain, there's someone here just about every other day for a meal or something. I work outside the home 2 days a week, and hubby also has a very flexible schedule as he owns his business and can arrange things to suit himself. The woman we're thinking of has not only been my best friend for twenty years, she's also a cousin. We're so much alike at times that it's scary. (we joke that aside from the age difference, she's 4 years younger than me, we could be twins seperated at birth.) She has an 8 yr old son whose father abandoned them before he was born, and they've both had it kind of rough. When they're here(they currently live 6 hours away in another part of VA) it just feels right to all of us, like something is complete, or whole or something. It's not easy to explain. When I was raising my kids, they're grown now, she was a huge help to me, in fact my youngest called her "mommy2", and it just seems so natural to help her raise hers.
Anyway, guess I've rattled on enough, thanks for making me feel like this is the place to get some answers.

I am so glad you responded and shared what you love about your sister. I don't like the term sister/wife because we are not married to each other. But when I talk about my sister, everyone knows I am talking about T. I think that a best friend like this is a perfect person to think about for a sister, because you already know and trust her. She already fits into your life.

For more personal or specific dialogue, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

SweetLIssa

Welcome clyde44,
Glad you found us here on BF. Your and mine situations are a lot alike.. The Chaplain and I would also like to add my best friend to our family.... "J" and I have been best friends for 28 yrs and The Chaplain and I have been married for 29 yrs. If you would like to chat and compare note email me or send me a pm here. The Chaplain and I were trying to go to the NC retreat but our plans have changed. Since there is no plan book here , everyone's way of adding a sisterwife is different but you have to find out what works for you. I feel that since she is already your best friend, like "J" is mine, makes it easier to mesh as a family... We all 3 have history together and what better way than to have your two best friends join as a family. I look forward to talking with you very soon.

I think that when you have a close relationship with your sister, that this is the best blessing that I can imagine. T and I have gotten to the point where we talk for a couple of hours every day. It almost feels like that best friend we had in Junior High or High School. The one that you shared all your secrets and dreams with. The one that watched your back and you watched hers.

But the fact is that it takes time to grow a wonderful friendship. And in a sister/wife relationship, usually you have to get past any jealousies before you can develop the closeness. It took a long time to get the where we are. We are truly looking forward to when we all live together.

SweetLissa

Back