• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

History

I don't know why people even try to write articles on Twitter, it's a horrible place to read anything.
Not once one becomes acclimated. It doesn't have some of the personal feel of a place like this, but it also has never had anything close to the level of regulation -- even prior to Elon Musk and the Twitter Files.

I'm just talking about the interface breaking everything up into tiny posts, and comparing that to a blog site like Wordpress, or Substack, or even Facebook which at least allows long-form posts. The point of Twitter was for sending small messages. It was not designed for long ones, and virtually every other site on the internet is designed for them. Why hammer a nail with a pair of pliers when there are a pile of hammers lying on the toolbench? Sure you can do it, but I've never understood why.

Perhaps it's the difference between wanting to navigate the whole of Earth and wanting to be a Big Player in a Small Pond.

;^)

For anyone who hasn't read it, I HIGHLY recommend reading "Thelyphthora" by Martin Madan! Volume three explains a great deal of history regarding marriage and the Roman Catholic church.

Volumes 1 and 2 are even better than part 3, but a lot of history is covered in the third volume.

I have pdf copies of all three. If anyone wants them, just PM me and I can send you the files.

I saw your withdrawn post here, Samuel!

Just to be clear, I'm entirely comfortable with being a Small Player in a Big Pond, not to mention a Secondary Player in a Small One.

@FollowingHim, @The Revolting Man

Can PDFs be posted on forum? Copyright should have expired, so I don't see any legal issues.
Some time back Google scanned copies of a bunch of obscure old books (including Thelyphtora). That's what I have. I don't know if Google copyrighted it or not, but the original book they scanned, being hundreds years old, is in the public domain.

There is also a modern reprint by Don Martin available, and I assume that is probably copyrighted. What I have is a copy of the Google scan of an old library book.

Google might be evil, but they have done some good things. 😉

@FollowingHim, @The Revolting Man

Can PDFs be posted on forum? Copyright should have expired, so I don't see any legal issues.
Please do post the PDFs if they're copyright-free. We currently have links to the book at Amazon and Google Books on our "books" page, but don't host PDFs yet. If you post copies to the forum, @andrew might be able to add them to that page.

Is it possible to link to the entire threads @MemeFan? All I can see even if I follow the link is the first post.

I don't know why people even try to write articles on Twitter, it's a horrible place to read anything.
Author has substack here:

I think he turns Twitter thread into Substack articles ot opposite.

Just tried to upload Vol 1 and 2 myself, and it didn't work due to size restrictions. @Bartato, I've got the Google versions of volumes 1 and 2. If anyone can send me volume 3 (samuel at biblicalfamilies dot org) I'll see if we can get the whole thing put up somewhere.

@Bartato, can you upload your books?
Just tried to upload Vol 1 and 2 myself, and it didn't work due to size restrictions. @Bartato, I've got the Google versions of volumes 1 and 2. If anyone can send me volume 3 (samuel at biblicalfamilies dot org) I'll see if we can get the whole thing put up somewhere.
I'll try to do that in the next day or so. I'm using my phone right now, and have that stuff on a flash drive somewhere. I have to go find it. ☺️

I've found the pdf's. As you said they are very large files. Volume 3 is 34mb. I'm having trouble emailing them to you, as my email provider won't allow attachments that large. Maybe I'll need to create another webmail account that allows it. Working on it

I've found the pdf's. As you said they are very large files. Volume 3 is 34mb. I'm having trouble emailing them to you, as my email provider won't allow attachments that large. Maybe I'll need to create another webmail account that allows it. Working on it
I apologize for being slow.

Try using wetransfer.com The free version allows you to send files up to 2gb. My husband uses them all the time for large files for work.

I agree @Bartato, use some sort of web service for files (wetransfer, dropbox, Google drive, whatever you're most familiar with). Please send the link to @andrew as well as me, could do it in a private message. Or even here for everyone if that would be appropriate with the service you pick.

I agree @Bartato, use some sort of web service for files (wetransfer, dropbox, Google drive, whatever you're most familiar with). Please send the link to @andrew as well as me, could do it in a private message. Or even here for everyone if that would be appropriate with the service you pick.
I sent volume 3 to you (samuel at biblicalfamilies dot org) using wetransfer.com

You already have the other two, right?

Back