• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How do I delete my account?

Flutterfly

I don't spend much time using the internet these days. I have been put off, the idea of plural marriage, from the vast number of emails from men, who are into weird things and a host of other unchristian things. (on other plural marriage forums, they claim to be Christian).

*sigh* I have come to the decision that I want to delete my account, but can't figure out how to do so. If it's not possible, just know that I am no longer going to be an active member of this forum.

Pearl

Re: The state of polygamy on the Internet

Hello Pearl, we can delete your account, but I wanted to respond to this post first. I'm sorry, but not surprised, about the unpleasant encounters you've had. My 12.5 years of participation in the online Christian plural marriage "community" (and I use that word loosely) have made clear that it's a "wild west" out there - with many using it as justification for all types of sick stuff, and clearly un-"Christ-like" behavior.

That, in fact, was a large motivation for starting Biblical Families - to have a truly Christian meeting place, where we hold each other up to a higher standard, and encourage loving behavior, and point the way to what is good and proper, as opposed to each person/family having to find their own way, regarding Christian polygamy.

If you've been contacted by any member of Biblical Families with what you feel is inappropriate behavior, we'd like to know about it. At this point, I would encourage women seeking to join a family NOT to use any classified or other site - but to contact us. We will introduce women to families that we know and respect, only. We will be making this introduction process a little more clear in the near future - but it will never be classifieds.

Back