• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How do you find U.S. women of other religions who want poly

Hello

I am wondering how I would find a virgin woman who is a U.S. citizen, who is either a Buddhist, Hinduist, Jew, Muslim, or Shaman or other traditional Asian religion which was practiced before the West invaded? Who does not have Christian parents or much exposure to Christianity and is willing to be part of a polygamous marriage, and is willing to marry a Christian man and study the Bible with him?

The reason I am looking for a U.S. citizen is because as a U.S. citizen if I marry a foreigner it is more likely to require a marriage certificate and hinder my opportunities of polygamy.

Re: How do you find U.S. women of other religions who want p

Hi DTT.

You could try nailing 'WANTED' posters to shopfronts and lamp poles?

Seriously, I think when you have married your virgin Hindu wife and study the bible together, you might come across those verses which talk about not being yoked to unbelievers. Perhaps the search priority needs to be changed to Christian first before willingness to accept polygamy?

Personally, I think the probability of finding a virgin woman who is an Australian citizen (where I am) that is Christian and willing to be part of a polygamous marriage, is close to ZERO. For example, our number one woman in Australia and embodiment of all things female, the Prime Minister, is a childless atheist cohabiting with a former hairdresser. But I am going through a negative phase at present.

Best of luck, ylop.

I am a bit curious as to why you are specifically looking for a non-Christian? What is your motivation? Are you enamoured with the idea of converting a non-believer or controlling what she knows or does not know scripturally?

Most of those religious backgrounds are also strongly different culturally, which might be incredibly difficult for you to understand your wife, why risk future happiness on a ego trip idea?

A Jew is a Jew regardless of a future conversion, Buddhists are pretty laid back about the whole virginity thing and more of them are Polyandrous than polygynous. Hindu's don't often marry outside their faiths, they are more often Polyandrous also, I don't know many Muslims that would risk it considering the laws against apostasy in Islam (death sentence) though they are pretty accepting of Polygyny and virgin brides. Shaman? Like the ones in Finland? Europeans are not so interested in virginity as Christian Americans and if she is a US citizen she wouldn't be ignorant of Christianity either.

I hate to be negative but I think you are on a fools errand, or is there something I don't understand about your request?

Isabella

I think the Scripture would point in a different first step/direction that might lead to your ultimate end goal.

Our first mandate is to make disciples (Matt. 28:18-20). Thus the first goal would be to evangelize others (which includes women) so the person/people know Christ.

A person in Christ cannot biblically unite with a lost woman until she is a believer in Christ.

We are not permitted by Christ to marry outside of him. The entire OT spoke to this and even at one point one prophet Ezra (chps. 9-10) made the people put away foreign wives who they had wrongly married outside of the faith in the Lord. This also ruined Solomon. Paul said a person/woman is only free to marry "In the Lord" (1 Cor. 7:39)

If this is backwards then it could be a bad scenario that violates the purpose the Lord has for marriage.

Entering into a marriage in order to try and lead one to Christ is not holy pursuit. Paul even asked "How do you know wife that you will save your husband. How do you know husband whether you will save your wife" (1 Cor. 7:16).

For sure, one may evangelize one prior to the one flesh union but that should not take place until one is sure that person has come to Christ.

My suggestion is first to pray and ask God to break your heart for others who are lost and make you a good evangelist. Proverbs 11:30 says, "the fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and he who wins/captures souls is wise."

Check and see if your heart is more broken over the lost or is is more eager to find a wife. If the second then ask God to change your heart and give you a deeper love for souls (which has eternal ramifications) who will die without Christ and suffer hell. And then from that heart position ask God to place people in your path who need to be won to Christ. And then when he tests you by placing people there be faithful in those small areas and God will reward you with more to come.

Evangelism takes priorty in the Great commision and in that process of Discipleship if you find a wife then all the better, but not before she finds Christ.

Dr. K.R. Allen

I guess the virgin issue kinda bothers me, because it is sore subject, for one in which I won't go into. If you want more virgins to marry then the men in this country better do a better job in training their sons to stop molesting young girls and women!!! It is unbelievable how many stories you hear from women about being molested that led them into drugs, prostitution, etc. Believe me, most of the ladies I know, if weren't molested would have been virgins on their wedding day!

Lutherangirl,
12-13 years ago I didn't know of anyone that had been molested. But after counselling one person, I was led to learning about such crime and sins. I discovered there is an epidemic of molestation. A tragedy that girls and boys should be treated so. I am for capital punishment for the perpetrators. My heart goes out to the victims. Thank God for His healing power, if only more victims were aware of His power.

Why do people assume that the word

ἑτεροζυγοῦντες

In 2 Corinthians 6:14 means marry?

Especially when the translators of NIV, KJV, NASB and Amplified did not use the word marry!

Isabella said:
Shaman? Like the ones in Finland? Europeans are not so interested in virginity as Christian Americans and if she is a US citizen she wouldn't be ignorant of Christianity either.

No there is a specific reason I mentioned Asian religions. Shaman and Pagans in "the west" generally have rejected the Bible in my opinion.

Shaman in Asian countries generally have not been much exposed to the Bible in my opinion.

In Thailand the Shaman are the traditional culture for Hmong, and the Shaman usually do not let their daughters date, because they want them to be virgins when they get married. (With the exception of those who let their daughters become prostitutes.) The culture is incredibly similar to old testament Christianity except for they talk to demons and or dead people which is forbidden in the old testament, but I would not consider them polytheists.

In my opinion there is a world of difference between Shaman with European or American parents who went to church and shaman who had shaman parents. In that the ones whose parents went to Church are more likely to be Shaman partly because they do not want to accept the Bible. Does this explanation make sense or are more words required to make it clear?

DiscussingTheTopic said:
In my opinion there is a world of difference between Shaman with European or American parents who went to church and shaman who had shaman parents. In that the ones whose parents went to Church are more likely to be Shaman partly because they do not want to accept the Bible. Does this explanation make sense or are more words required to make it clear?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_paganism" August 6 said:
Finnish Neopaganism
Main article: Finnish Neopaganism

In the 20th century, with the rise of the Neopagan movement across the world, Finnish Neopaganism arose as a reconstructed form of the old religion. Unlike those neopagan religions that take an eclectic view of the many pagan faiths, such as Wicca and Neo-druidry, Finnish Neopaganism focuses on reconstructionism to imitate the ancient religion as accurately as possible. It is still only really practised within Finland[citation needed], where it accounts only for a very small percentage of the population, the majority being Lutherans or other forms of Christian.

Isabella said:
I am a bit curious as to why you are specifically looking for a non-Christian? What is your motivation? Are you enamoured with the idea of converting a non-believer or controlling what she knows or does not know scripturally?

It is more like this. When "Christians" go to Anti-Christ churches they are converted to become anti-Christs who call themselves "Christians."

It is hard to explain so I will give an example. (This is only one of many different examples of how they think after being brainwashed at "churches") (I choose the example of polygamy because I figure most people will agree with me that this topic is typically incorrectly taught.)

The Bible teaches a man can marry more than one woman, and that would be the clear conclusion of real Bible study. But the "Church" a typical "christian" goes to is enamoured with controlling what she knows or does not know scripturally! So no matter how much reason and logic is given, this brainwashed "christian" will simply say something like, the "pastor says polygyny is wrong, so that is what I believe the Bible teaches I am not smart enough to understand it for myself."

So "Christians" who go to Church understand the Bible less when it is read, than people who have never been to a brainwashing facility that is government certified.

I have no intention of brainwashing my spouse. But I would like to marry someone who has not been brainwashed by a "Church," to systematically reject as much of the Bible as possible while pretending to believe it.

It is a really good opportunity to show someone love. I would teach her my religion, but love her and treat her kindly even if she does not change to my religion. It is not a matter of forced conversion (I do not know if that is what you were asking but I just wanted to make it clear, that I am not talking about forced conversions or brainwashing, but simply being allowed to share what I believe with someone.)

Someone once told me something similar to when looking for a marriage partner think more about how you can help someone else than about how they can help you. :D

Who would not want to learn what is true? So is it loving to teach what is true?

Isabella said:

Most of those religious backgrounds are also strongly different culturally, which might be incredibly difficult for you to understand your wife, why risk future happiness on a ego trip idea?

Isabella

After research I feel that a lot of cultures where no Bibles have been distributed, naturally have closer ethics to what the Bible actually teaches than those where the Bible was distributed, followed by lectures about why it does not really mean what it says, by an anti-christ missionary. I would have a lot more in common with most Muslims, than with Anti-Christ "christians" from ELCA, etc.

Also it would not be difficult for my wife, because she would see how much I would love her. My God is real so he can really enable me to love my wife, even if she is from a different culture or religion.

By Anti-Christ. I just mean they are against the true Authentic Christ. Not some sort of weird idea.

It is a really good opportunity to show someone love. I would teach her my religion, but love her and treat her kindly even if she does not change to my religion. It is not a matter of forced conversion (I do not know if that is what you were asking but I just wanted to make it clear, that I am not talking about forced conversions or brainwashing, but simply being allowed to share what I believe with someone.)

There is one major Biblical precedent for what you're suggesting...."King Solomon". He was one of the wisest men in the world until his foreign wives with their foreign idols ultimately led him astray. If it didn't work out for him, what makes you think it will work any better for you ?
I'm sorry but it's just a really bad idea.
Blessings,
Fairlight

Fairlight said:

There is one major Biblical precedent for what you're suggesting...."King Solomon". He was one of the wisest men in the world until his foreign wives with their foreign idols ultimately led him astray. If it didn't work out for him, what makes you think it will work any better for you ?
Blessings,
Fairlight

What is the difference between marrying non-christians should be restricted because of King Solomon and crossing the street should be forbidden because some people get hit by cars?

Perhaps we should be bad because bad things happened to Job when he was good.

Perhaps we can only marry one woman because Adam only married one woman. Since you are assuming what people did determines morality.

If you must determine morality by historically accurate stories instead of direct commands of God....

Was Hosea's wife a believer? (See 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
Was Hosea a righteous prophet
Did God tell Hosea to get married to an whore? Perhaps we should all marry whores since what you are assuming what people did determines morality?

15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. 16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
Numbers 31:15-18 NIV

God ordered the Israelites to bridenap the Midianites. Were the Midianites believers?

DiscussingTheTopic said:
Fairlight said:

Blessings,
Fairlight

What is the difference between marrying non-christians should be restricted because of King Solomon and crossing the street should be forbidden because some people get hit by cars?

Perhaps we should be bad because bad things happened to Job when he was good.

Perhaps we can only marry one woman because Adam only married one woman. Since you are assuming what people did determines morality.

If you must determine morality by historically accurate stories instead of direct commands of God....

Was Hosea's wife a believer? (See 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
Was Hosea a righteous prophet
Did God tell Hosea to get married to an whore? Perhaps we should all marry whores since what you are assuming what people did determines morality?

15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. 16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
Numbers 31:15-18 NIV

God ordered the Israelites to bridenap the Midianites. Were the Midianites believers?

I base morality on what the Word of God teaches us to do.
The Bible explicitly teaches that we are NOT to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. That settles the issue for me.
Blessings,
Fairlight

I think it is enlightening that you quoted from Finnish NEOPAGANISM, when I specifically referred to Shamans, which is nothing to do with the modern reconstructionists, but to an ancient practice that still continues in some Baltic regions and in Iceland.
Their cultural norms would be quite distinct from western europeans and therefore I am still unsure whether they would be any more likely to be church goers than Shamans from Asia. I am saying that anyone American (and remember, you specifically ask for a citizen, who presumably was educated and exposed to American ways) except for the most recent of arrivals have been exposed to Christianity, it is just the depth that might be debatable.

What it seems to me is you want someone who has come to the Bible fresh, but I think looking for a person who is from a different religious, cultural background is not the way to do it. Polygyny rubs many cultures up the wrong way, even those who had previously accepted them, you would have a better chance of going to the moon than a traditional Hindu father allowing his daughter to marry a Polygynous Christian, if he does, he isn't much of a strong Hindu to begin with, if he has nothing to do with it, you have yourself a pretty Western woman who is less likely to be a virgin. So, in answer to your original question, I don't think you can 'find' a woman like that and waiting around for one seems like a foolish prospect, perhaps you might like to re-think this idea?

good luck,

I

DiscussingTheTopic said:
DiscussingTheTopic said:

Crossing the Street is forbidden outside of those narrow white lines called crosswalks.

Take this excerpt from Nehemiah

Neh 13:23 In those days also saw I Jews that had married wives of Ashdod, of Ammon, and of Moab:
Neh 13:24 And their children spake half in the speech of Ashdod, and could not speak in the Jews' language, but according to the language of each people.
Neh 13:25 And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves.
Neh 13:26 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin.
Neh 13:27 Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives?

This is a divine injunction through Nehemiah that first relates Solomon sin directly to marrying strange wives and calls those that do it in his time as committing a great evil and transgression against God. The only Midianites God ordered or allowed taken where totally cut off from their culture and religion and had no family or back home left to turn people too.

The only stronger language Nehemiah could possibly use would be to call it an abomination, its was that serious to marry outside their culture. 1 Corinthians 6:14 clearly continues the idea behind Nehemiah prohibition and translates it from Jew\non Jew too Christian\Non Christian.

Now, I balk when people say polygamy was Solomon problems, but I agree that strange wives where. Why? Because Scripture says strange wives where Solomons problem. Its the difference between exigesis and eisigesis.

Keith already brought up the extreme cases in Ezra on this topic and it doesn't seem like you've addressed that yet either.

John Whitten said:
Lutherangirl,
12-13 years ago I didn't know of anyone that had been molested. But after counselling one person, I was led to learning about such crime and sins. I discovered there is an epidemic of molestation. A tragedy that girls and boys should be treated so. I am for capital punishment for the perpetrators. My heart goes out to the victims. Thank God for His healing power, if only more victims were aware of His power.

John,

Thanks for validating my concerns and compassion regarding this subject of molestation. I'm so glad that people are starting to speak out about these crimes instead of in the past covering them up for more hurt and guilt to consume their lives. Praise the Lord for healing all those wounded!

I'm glad this thread was brought up, because it brings out a lot of issues regarding wanting to find a good wife. I guess that I'm just worried that people in general are waiting for the perfect "trophy" wife to come along. Placing someone on that kind of pedestal is very dangerous from the beginning for both the woman and man in the relationship regardless of race, culture, or religion.

I'm glad that my husband and I are going to a church where the Pastor tells young women and men that, they should marry a spouse that the only thing that matters in finding one, is that the person love the Lord with all their heart. That's the strongest foundation any marriage can have IMHO. Most of what I'm saying comes from personal experience of what not to do that I learned the hard way from not following the Lord's will for my life.

I guess I've just been a little disappointed that "American girls" get put down so much regarding morality when it's the men that help contribute to the women's flaws--even Christian men. Take for example my stand on virgins. After a women's virginity is taking away, especially a Christian, she feels like no one will want to marry her according to Biblical laws. Then to have to tell her father that this has happened is even more heartbreaking than the disgusting act itself.

So in my rambling, I'm just saying let's not be so judgmental and let the Lord bring those people in our lives of His choosing trusting in Him through prayer.

Blessings,
Michelle

Disccusingthetopic,

Have you thought about the reasons why God did not want his people in the OC or NC purposefully uniting to someone who is not in the Lord?

Dr. Allen

P.S. The word "yoke" is a broader term that involves more than just marriage. It involves being yoked together in any relationship that has to do with a spiritual purpose. Of this 6:14 text Dr. John MacArthur says, "is an illustration taken from OT prohibitions. . . . by this analogy, Paul taught that it is not right to join together in common spiritual enterprise with those who are not of the same nature (believers). It is impossible under such an arrangement for things to be done to God's glory . . . . Christians are not to be bound together with non-Christians in any spiritual enterprise or relationship that would be destrimental to the Christian's testimony within the body of Christ."

The term therefore would cover marriage but not just marriage alone. It would cover much more and is something that must be honored when considering marriage or any spiritual endeavor where the union is for the purpose of carrying out the Great Commission. It would be a disaster to intentionally marry an unbeliever when the purpose of marriage is for both togo out together for the Lord in taking dominion of the lost with the power of the gospel. When one member you are "yoked" to rejects or does not believe the gospel that is a damaging testimony and the work of the gospel slows down. Remember your purpose and reason for life. You are here to glorify the Lord and to go about making disciples. Taking unto yourself one who does not believe and may never believe will hurt your efforts in a gospel centered life.

Isabella said:
I think it is enlightening that you quoted from Finnish NEOPAGANISM, when I specifically referred to Shamans, which is nothing to do with the modern reconstructionists, but to an ancient practice that still continues in some Baltic regions and in Iceland.
Their cultural norms would be quite distinct from western europeans and therefore I am still unsure whether they would be any more likely to be church goers than Shamans from Asia. I am saying that anyone American (and remember, you specifically ask for a citizen, who presumably was educated and exposed to American ways) except for the most recent of arrivals have been exposed to Christianity, it is just the depth that might be debatable.

Sorry if I got confused. It seems to me (and I could be wrong) that many but not all self proclaimed (pick your own non-christian religion) in America often just do not want to be Christian and this is a major (but not the only) motivation for their choice to be __religion as short of a rebellion against God (when they are familiar with Christianity.) I guess the Finnish thing might be totally different, I assumed it was similar to America. (To add a fine detail I do not consider Hmong Shaman to be Polytheists, but some other Shaman might be Polytheists. Of course I still consider Hmong Shamanism sinful when they talk to the dead and or demons.)

American Public schools in my point of view, do not teach a Christian value system but an anti-Christian value system. So I do not feel they would be exposed to Christianity. But maybe that is what you meant. Honestly I talk to a lot of second generation Americans (those whose parents came from another country) and it seems to me that certain cultures are not very familiar with "Christianity" compared with other American cultures (that go to public schools.)

I really want to emphasize that my desire to marry someone from another religion, is not out of a selfish motivation, but because I feel it is a really good way to love people from other religions. I do not intend to force my religious beliefs on her against her will, but simply share what I feel to be true and let my future spouse decide for herself. She would however have to be open to listening to my religious beliefs, but I would also be open to listening to hers, in respect and kindness. And sharing my religion through words would not be the only way I show her love and kindness. I think I already made this point clear, but I just do not want to be misunderstood.

Technically I think 2 corinthians 6 is misunderstood.

There is no reason I see to assume it means "marry" specifically

If yoke means more than marriage, then depending on how general it is we would be forbidden from even associating with unbelievers. In which case all forms of friendship evangelism would be forbidden, you could not even have an unbelieving boss, roomate, employess, friend, co-worker, etc.

Let's look at 1 corinthians 5:9-11 NIV

"I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat."

You see here that we are allowed to associate with unbelievers but not unsaved "believers" who live immoral lifestyles. So this would contradict the yoke thing, if it was not something much more specific than who you can associate with. The one place not to look for a wife is a Church, full of unsaved "Christians," it is better to marry someone who calls themselves a non-christian because at least you can associate with them unlike unsaved "Christians"

If you look at the context of 2 corinthians 6 I think it is not a matter of who you associate with, but how they influence you. I think it means something like do not let them drag you around and overpower you to entice you into demonic activities. If I do not pray or worship some demon or idol with an unbeliever I think it is fine.

If what I said is unclear let me know it is late at night and my thinking might not be at it's peak performance right now

Dr. K.R. Allen said:
Disccusingthetopic,

Have you thought about the reasons why God did not want his people in the OC or NC purposefully uniting to someone who is not in the Lord?

Dr. Allen

P.S. The word "yoke" is a broader term that involves more than just marriage. It involves being yoked together in any relationship that has to do with a spiritual purpose. Of this 6:14 text Dr. John MacArthur says, "is an illustration taken from OT prohibitions. . . . by this analogy, Paul taught that it is not right to join together in common spiritual enterprise with those who are not of the same nature (believers). It is impossible under such an arrangement for things to be done to God's glory . . . . Christians are not to be bound together with non-Christians in any spiritual enterprise or relationship that would be destrimental to the Christian's testimony within the body of Christ."

The term therefore would cover marriage but not just marriage alone. It would cover much more and is something that must be honored when considering marriage or any spiritual endeavor where the union is for the purpose of carrying out the Great Commission. It would be a disaster to intentionally marry an unbeliever when the purpose of marriage is for both togo out together for the Lord in taking dominion of the lost with the power of the gospel. When one member you are "yoked" to rejects or does not believe the gospel that is a damaging testimony and the work of the gospel slows down. Remember your purpose and reason for life. You are here to glorify the Lord and to go about making disciples. Taking unto yourself one who does not believe and may never believe will hurt your efforts in a gospel centered life.

Back