• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How has plural marriage effected your outlook

Ephraim's D

Real Person
Good evening to you all.I posted this in the Women's Forum but also wanted to post it here, I would like a man's prespective as well.
One quick question, How has plural marriage effected your outlook on life, church, friends, family, school, etc. It seems like God is calling me to reevalute my life in light of plural marriage? Anybody have any input, experiences, thoughts, words of encouragement? Thank you in advance for sharing! -Denise

Hi Denise,
For me personally I feel a burden lifted with the knowledge of plural marriage.
As simple and as funny as it sounds I am comforted and feel more at peace with myself and my wife knowing that I am able to love more than one woman. Even if I never marry another woman, I can honestly say that my wife and I have become much closer in our marriage.

My first wife used to say I needed to grow up. But why? After all, she was running everything most capably. In monogamist thinking, that was ok.

A study of PM led me to Patriarchy (with an understanding that we "Patriarchs" are but lower middle management, not the Head Poobahs In Charge).

That made me grow up as I recognized that whether I executed my role or not, God counted me responsible for it. He didn't recognize any delegating I might do.

In addition, I too have felt a load of unnecessary guilt lifted over knowing that I do truly love more than one lady, and that God made me this way and honors it.

for me also it has changed how i approach my position and responsibilities in our marriage, even though we are nowhere near adding anyone.

Thank you men who have shared! I would really be interested in hearing from others. :)
-Ephraim's D

My story is pretty much like the other guys that have already chimed in. Like Cecil said it has really helped me to come to a closer understanding of what patriarchy is and how a man really should act and love and treat his family. Like one friend told me one time "Todd, you need to grow a spine" and she was right. Coming unto this understanding and meeting and being around others that I have met through Biblical Families has really helped me to become more of a man. And not just any man, but a better man. The Marine Corps helped me to grow up and Biblical Families and the understanding of plural marriage has really helped me to mature in a way that I should be heading toward. It has really released a burden off of my shoulders as well in that I don't feel like some messed up pervert for being attracted to more than one woman at a time even though that is what the world would have me to believe about myself. Even coming to the understanding of plural marriage has helped me to question other aspects of my christian walk and helped me to come to a closer understanding of scripture and what the scriptures actually mean. If I had not come into this understanding I might not have questioned my beliefs and would have never come to a closer walk with Yahuweh.

DukeOfMarshall said:
... If I had not come into this understanding I might not have questioned my beliefs and would have never come to a closer walk with Yahuweh.
I couldn't agree more, very nicely put.

Back