• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How much money should I be making before I get married?

Since all the carriages are falling off the rails now; I wonder if taking another wife prompts an increase in the T levels? Or does the added attention from women who discover you have multiple wives increase the T levels? An important consideration; a successful polygynous man cannot be a couch bum, therefore he will need to be fitter and healthier so that may cause an up in the T levels. Whatever the case, polygyny is probably beneficial for T levels. ;)
Should happen.

My assessment however is still correct. There is something spiritually off about the man who "needs" a billion a year to "feel alive", and cannot be content having sex with one woman. It is a spiritual issue, not a hormonal one.
Why is assement correct?

Because as man you potentially gsin everything from going for top of social hierarchy. And in today's society this means being billionaire.

Nothing wrong if you are more shy type.

I think king David had high T levels, and obviously had lots of money, ambition, and wives. I don't think he generally had that "need" that you are describing (other than during the incident with Uriah's wife). I think it is a bent spiritual craving not a physical one.
You are detecting something important. It's what drives you? What force is in heart?

Your mistake is assuming that drive for top must be evil. But if massively improve other's lifes, then by parable of sower you must be massively rewarded.

Jensen of Nvidia is good example. He just wanted to make great graphics card. Look where is he now.

Your mistake is assuming that drive for top must be evil. But if massively improve other's lifes, then by parable of sower you must be massively rewarded.

Jensen of Nvidia is good example. He just wanted to make great graphics card. Look where is he now.
Having the drive to make or improve something is quite different than just wanting to make money for the sake of being a billionaire. Proverbs 28:20, A faithful man will abound with blessings, But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished. Paul wrote, For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows (1 Tim. 6:10). Having money is not the issue; it's one's devotion to it that becomes problematic.

Having the drive to make or improve something is quite different than just wanting to make money for the sake of being a billionaire. Proverbs 28:20, A faithful man will abound with blessings, But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished. Paul wrote, For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows (1 Tim. 6:10). Having money is not the issue; it's one's devotion to it that becomes problematic.
But what will happen if you fix several very important problems which large number of people have?

You will get very rich? And nowhere is bad having financial goals. Bigger they are, there is need to work on more important stuff.

Only problem is caused when we get greedy which means favouring money over others welfare like selling crap just to earn some bucks.

And whole verse about loving money is cause of povert mentality in church. Who is povert? Look at me, I'm so virtuous and just because I'm poor.

Nope, you are poor asshole who thinks being in material lack makes him great in spiritual sense. Problem with these people is that taking more responsibility will enable them to be more of service to others which results in more income. And we can't have that, that's evil. Scum easily manipulated by commies into giving commies all their wealth.

Nope, you are poor asshole who thinks being in material lack makes him great in spiritual sense.
I think you have misunderstood what I wrote because I never suggested any such thing, and neither does Scripture. However, you can love money or you can love God, but you can't do both. Jesus said, “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon" (Matt. 6:24).

While intended as a criticism, you might be right about my T level. 😉

My assessment however is still correct. There is something spiritually off about the man who "needs" a billion a year to "feel alive", and cannot be content having sex with one woman. It is a spiritual issue, not a hormonal one.

I think king David had high T levels, and obviously had lots of money, ambition, and wives. I don't think he generally had that "need" that you are describing (other than during the incident with Uriah's wife). I think it is a bent spiritual craving not a physical one.

Back to the discussion of my T level...

I am 50 after all, and I've been curious about my T level. I should probably check it.

1. I don't sleep as much as I should (sleep being important for testosterone).

2. I eat pretty well, including eggs from my own pastured chickens every day, and lots of brassica vegetables (collard greens, kale, cabbage, broccoli) which both encourage good testosterone levels. I actually eat a ton of vegetables and fruit from my garden. My wife cooks almost all our food from basic ingredients (and includes a lot of meat). I've been cutting back on the processed foods, sugar, and carbs.

3. I lift heavy weights at the gym three times a week and don't skip leg day.

4. I regularly wake up with "morning wood" which is an indicator or hormonal health. I go at it with the wife quite enthusiastically. There doesn't seem to be a lack of desire.

5. I take a lot of nutritional supplements, some of which (like zinc) promote T production.

6. I was at the doctor for an annual checkup the other day, and he said I'm in great health, and all my blood work was great.

7. I spend a lot of time outdoors, in the garden, so I'm getting sunshine.

8. I am heavier than I ought to be (243 lbs at 6'4" or roughly 111 kg at 192cm for you metric Europeans). Keep in mind that I'm fairly strong (having regularly lifted for the last decade) but I know I should still drop at least another 20 pounds of fat (I have dropped 14lbs in the last couple months).

I'm sure my T level isn't crazy high, but I'm sure it is better than most guys my age. 🤔
lucille-bluth-arrested-development.gif

I think you have misunderstood what I wrote because I never suggested any such thing, and neither does Scripture. However, you can love money or you can love God, but you can't do both. Jesus said, “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon" (Matt. 6:24).
Well in practice you have moral hierachy. Which values are more important than others. Here, it's clear.

Lord before money. It's also true that very respected people in Bible like David and Abraham were rich. And they received no condemnation for this. Why, because their moral hierachy was right in Lord's eyes.

And desire for more money can't by itself be bad. Better life for yourself and family isn't bad. And more money on free market almost always requires you being better service to others which is moral good in itself.

Real issue with verse is because it's generating poverts (explained before).

And even bigger issue are people reading Bible and blindly applying stuff they read there. For example, reading some advice and thinking is applies everywhere.

It's also true that very respected people in Bible like David and Abraham were rich. And they received no condemnation for this.
Did I say they received condemnation?
And even bigger issue are people reading Bible and blindly applying stuff they read there. For example, reading some advice and thinking is applies everywhere.
And I have done nothing of the sort.

I'll repeat what I wrote above. Jesus said, “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon" (Matt. 6:24). If you don't like what He said, take it up with Him. Cheers

I'll repeat what I wrote above. Jesus said, “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon" (Matt. 6:24). If you don't like what He said, take it up with Him. Cheers
I have no issue with verse.

I'm only warning damage caused by some Christians by using this verse.

Back