• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How should I go about this?

Isabella wrote,
Wow, that was rude! You know nothing about my lifestyle!
Isabella, I am sorry that you felt PolyDoc's post was rude. However, he was simply responding in kind to your position based upon the small bit of self-revelation you share. You are obviously an intelligent person that keeps yourself well screened on this forum. The one thing that you make very clear is that you deny the deity of Jesus Christ, reject His claims as presented in the Bible and resist any effort by those who would care for your soul by gently sharing Biblical truth. Please do not be alarmed and become antagonistic to those who love the Lord and care enough for you to try and help you see the light of His Truth. There is no personal motive and profit for Christians in doing this beyond love for God and love for people. If you feel this is rude, I am sorry. If someone were to bang on the door to my home at three o'clock in the morning, making all kinds of annoying noise, I too might feel it is rude unless they were warning me that my house was on fire and my life was in danger. Then the rudeness would be considered an act of love.

No matter what one may or may not feel about the lifestyle of a non Christian , they still have no right to call them Anti-Christ, even IF technically you are using it to mean non Christian, the connotation is something which is evil and sinful and considering that I am preaching against intolerance and peace towards everyone REGARDLESS of faith, I do not think my beliefs are FAR from what Jesus was preaching!

I might be non Christian but I am NOT anti Jesus.

B

Isabella said:
None of that is unbiased, sorry, I don't accept it.

Thanks though.

:D

B

Here you go Bart Ehrman is biased against Christianity, so you should accept him as a source

http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/ ... _hero.html

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2009/04 ... ebate.html

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2009/04/insights-from-ehrman-vs-white-debate.html said:
White: You discussed the length of time that exists between the writing of Paul’s letter to the Galatians and the first extant copy, that being 150 years. You described this time period as “enormous”. That’s a quote. Could you tell us what term you would use to describe the time period between, say, the original writings of Suetonius, or Tacitus, or Pliny and their first extant manuscript copies?

Ehrman: Very enormous... ginormous. Ginormous doesn’t cover it. (For) the New Testament we have much earlier attestation than for any other book from antiquity.

http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/thompson/bart_ehrman_hero.html said:
In any event, Tacitus's report confirms what we know from other sources, that Jesus was executed by order of the Roman governor of Judea, Pontius Pilate.2

We have one author who actually knew Jesus’ relatives and knew his disciples… Paul…. It’s not an embellishment that Paul met with James in Jerusalem.3

Dr. Ehrman remarks:

What I think we can say with some confidence is that Jesus actually did die, he probably was buried, and that some of his disciples (all of them? some of them?) claimed to have seen him alive afterward. Among those who made this claim, interestingly enough, was Jesus’ own brother James, who came to believe in Jesus and soon thereafter became one of the principle leaders of the early Christian church.4

These are the verses which Ehrman believes attest to Jesus’ divinity in the Gospel of John:

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." (John 8:58, NASB)

"I and the Father are one." (John 10:30, NASB)

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28, NASB)

Conclusion

In conclusion, we learn that Ehrman grants many things that Islam emphatically denies which should make people wonder why they hold this man in such a high view. We learn that Ehrman accepts four important historical facts that Islam rejects about Jesus and early Christianity. Ehrman grants Jesus’ death on the cross, the reliability of Paul as an apostle and acquaintance of the disciples, Jesus’ burial, that Jesus’ followers had experiences in which they believe Jesus appeared to them, and that the Gospel of John teaches the deity of Christ. This information should be useful to anyone who is confronted by Muslims who tout Bart Ehrman as a hero for Islam. Bart Ehrman’s views should in fact be used as a weapon against Islam.

Christ has risen, he is Lord.

Footnotes
1 For a few articles and debates regarding Ehrmans views see: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
2 Bart Ehrman, The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings, Oxford University Press, 2000], p. 197
3 Infidel Guy Interview with Bart Ehrman (31:50 – 35:38)
4 Bart Ehrman, Jesus, Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millennium, [Oxford University Press US, 1999], p.229
5 Sam Shamoun vs Sami Zaatari Debate: Is Jesus God? Time slice (3:49 – 4:05)
6 Bart Ehrman, Whose Word Is It? [Continuum International Publishing Group, 2006], p. 161

Isabella said:
Wow, that was rude!

What's rude is requesting books or other information that supports your opponent's point of view, then dismissing the evidence presented because either you don't have patience to study it, or the author is biased. Of course the author is biased! Why else would he present evidence in support of a given point of view if he were not? There's not one book in a thousand in which the author is able to give unbiased treatment to both sides of any issue. So you can search in vain for something written by an anti-Christ author that will support our point of view, or you can actually read and study what the pro-Christ authors say and give it an honest evaluation.

No matter what one may or may not feel about the lifestyle of a non Christian , they still have no right to call them Anti-Christ, even IF technically you are using it to mean non Christian, the connotation is something which is evil and sinful and considering that I am preaching against intolerance and peace towards everyone REGARDLESS of faith, I do not think my beliefs are FAR from what Jesus was preaching!

1 John 4:2-3 NKJV By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, (3) and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

You are, by definition, antichrist. And that does not have connotations of being evil and sinful, being anti (against) Christ IS evil and sinful. Either He is God come in the flesh, lived a sinless life, died, was buried, rose again, and has a right to demand our worship, or He is a liar. According to your beliefs as professed in many places on this forum, He is a liar. I am not using "antichrist" technically to mean non Christian, I use it as did the Apostle John in the preceding passage. John was one of the original 12 Disciples and the one who was closest to Jesus during His approximately three years of ministry, and who wrote the Gospel of John, three epistles (including 1 John, quoted from above), and the book of Revelation.

There is no middle ground: once you are confronted with the truth of God's Word, either you are for Christ, or you are against Christ. Anyone who denies that Christ is God come in the flesh is against Christ, regardless of whether or not they profess to believe other things He said. And regardless of how many "good works" they might do. And regardless of how "tolerant" they may be, or how much they promote "peace."

The world's "tolerance" means to tolerate anyone of any faith or no faith, except true Christians, because true Christians are not afraid to tell the truth. We do not say that you have no right to believe whatever you want to believe. We just say what the Bible teaches: if you die believing the lies promoted by the world rather than Biblical Truth, you will be damned for eternity. But you still have the right to believe those lies if you so choose. We are nothing more than messengers of Truth, not the authors of that truth.

The people who cause the most damage to Christianity are not the atheists and other openly antichrist types; rather, those who profess to be Christians, but who compromise Scriptural Truth so as not to offend someone, cause far more damage. I have more respect for an honest atheist than for a dishonest self-proclaimed "Christian" like that. I think most men on this forum are true Christians, and many of us have already paid the price for offending someone because of our belief in Biblical Marriage.

I will not back down from what I know to be truth, and probably, neither will any other man on this forum. We may disagree among ourselves about some things (Preterism vs. futureism, what is an Apostle, etc.), but we have some very basic beliefs in common. (Who Jesus of Nazareth is and what He did for us.) Some might try to soften what they say more than I do, but I have not seen Dr. Allen, Doc, John Whitten, DTT, Steve, or any other leader or member of Biblical Families compromise what they believe in any way.

Either prove us to be wrong (from Scripture, if it is a doctrinal issue), or admit that you can not do so. But do not dismiss evidence presented by someone just because you don't have patience to read it, or because you disagree with something you know the author believes (like what he might believe about the Shroud of Turin), or the author is biased, or some other equally invalid reason.

Isabella, since first coming across some of your posts a few months ago, I have seen nothing but trivial arguments from you. When confronted with substantive arguments by a Christian, you either ignore those arguments or attack the messenger. So I am calling your bluff:

Someone who is as much of an expert on genetics as you claim to be is surely intelligent enough to understand Josh McDowell's book, "The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict." So read it and then refute anything he says in it, if you can.

But don't cop out with something like your response to a book recommended by Dr. Allen:
I have read through a bit but don't really have the patience for it to be honest.

If you really seek truth and not just justification for your anti-Christ belief system, you will find the patience necessary to read something like that.

And I also stand by my earlier admonition: actually read the Bible itself instead of just trusting what others say about it.

Ok, fair enough Polydoc, I am anti-Christ.....feel free to ignore this evil ones post in future.

Please.

B

Back