• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How to deal with a loss of a pregnancy

Evo

Female
Hi!
I went for a D&C yesterday.
It was hard physically but awful emotionally
It hurts so much
It was my joy, my happiness
Gone too soon
My first one

Hi!
It hurts so much
Gone too soon
My first one
I pray that the pain of your loss is taken from you and a blessing is around the corner for you and your family. It is hard to lose a baby to soon. I have been there and it sucks. It will get better over time. Just remember that God has a plan that you may not see in the pain you are in right now. A family member of my daughter just had twins after losing a baby to soon. The twins came after losing her dad. She didn’t know she was pregnant tell she was 4 months along. She would have had the baby she lost right around the same time of losing her dad. She sees it as a gift now because she don’t know how she would have been able to handle the loss of her dad and having a new baby. She was blessed with two baby’s after she was ready to handle it. My point is God has a bigger plan for you. You just have to wait to see what it is.I pray this helps you.

I'm so sorry Evo.
Please allow yourself time to grieve. It's ok to feel sad and to need some time. It's ok to be angry.
Take comfort in the fact that your child is in a better place, in the arms of a loving God, and will not have to experience the pain of this world. You will see him/her again!
Pray. Draw close to God through this, and know that He does have a plan for you.
Please remember that this isn't your fault, it is just part of life.

Hi!
It hurts so much
Gone too soon
My first one

I am literally crying for you right now. I am so sorry you had this happen.

For me a big comfort has always been meditating on the complete control and knowledge our Heavenly Father has. He could do anything, allow or not allow anything, and in His sovereign wisdom He purposed for you to face this challenge.
He knew this would be the outcome before you conceived.

When we choose to submit our lives and wills to Him, we should quit expecting to get our will in matters.....but it is not easy. I would remind myself in difficult times that if I was as wise and all knowing as YHWH I would choose what He has given me.....even if I cannot imagine that from/in my mortal mind.

The serenity prayer is a favorite of mine. We cannot choose what we are faced with. We can only choose how, with His grace, we respond.

If I let losing babies put me off of trying I would only have 2. So persistence has payed off in 7 more healthy babies. Some cannot even conceive, at least you know you can do that. Look forward. :)

I pray that the pain of your loss is taken from you and a blessing is around the corner for you and your family. It is hard to lose a baby to soon. I have been there and it sucks. It will get better over time. Just remember that God has a plan that you may not see in the pain you are in right now. A family member of my daughter just had twins after losing a baby to soon. The twins came after losing her dad. She didn’t know she was pregnant tell she was 4 months along. She would have had the baby she lost right around the same time of losing her dad. She sees it as a gift now because she don’t know how she would have been able to handle the loss of her dad and having a new baby. She was blessed with two baby’s after she was ready to handle it. My point is God has a bigger plan for you. You just have to wait to see what it is.I pray this helps you.
Thanks a lot for your kind words and for sharing that story.
I know you are right.
I trust the Lord, he allowed it to happen for a purpose.
And I know he will provide soon with other babies

I'm so sorry Evo.
Please allow yourself time to grieve. It's ok to feel sad and to need some time. It's ok to be angry.
Take comfort in the fact that your child is in a better place, in the arms of a loving God, and will not have to experience the pain of this world. You will see him/her again!
Pray. Draw close to God through this, and know that He does have a plan for you.
Please remember that this isn't your fault, it is just part of life.
Amen
Thanks a lot @FollowingHim2 for your comforting words.
May God bless you

For me a big comfort has always been meditating on the complete control and knowledge our Heavenly Father has. He could do anything, allow or not allow anything, and in His sovereign wisdom He purposed for you to face this challenge.
He knew this would be the outcome before you conceived.

When we choose to submit our lives and wills to Him, we should quit expecting to get our will in matters.....but it is not easy. I would remind myself in difficult times that if I was as wise and all knowing as YHWH I would choose what He has given me.....even if I cannot imagine that from/in my mortal mind.

The serenity prayer is a favorite of mine. We cannot choose what we are faced with. We can only choose how, with His grace, we respond.

If I let losing babies put me off of trying I would only have 2. So persistence has payed off in 7 more healthy babies. Some cannot even conceive, at least you know you can do that. Look forward. :)
Thank you so much @Joleneakamama
Your words came at the right time.
The will of God not mine.
Although it hurts, I accept it and rejoice in the Lord.
I give him thanks for everything.
I was telling myself, I should adopt the attitude of David.
He prayed and fasted when the child was sick. But when he heard the child had gone, he stood, got cleaned and asked for food. He understand it was the will of God.

When they told me I had an haematoma, I prayed a lot and had faith that things would go well.
Then the contrary happened.
I have to stand up and thank the Lord for it...

I apologize I am responding late to this, I have dealt with miscarriages, and know how painful it can be. Sometimes, I know it's even harder when people try to console you... especially when it's people who don't quite understand what it's like. I hope with time, you've healed, and I want to share some things that helped me, dealing with being told I was barren, but then having a child (started as twins, but lost one) , and then having 2 back to back miscarriages after the birth of the miracle child.

The 3 scriptures I will post below helped me because they reminded me that even though my unborn children didn't make it to this world, they did get an automatic pass into the Kingdom. They never had to suffer the hardships and pain of this world, and they are in the best place they can be, with the Father. When the Fathers Kingdom is established, they will be there. That gives me even more determination to make it to the Kingdom so that I can meet them one-day. Here are the scriptures:

Ecclesiastes 6:3
If a man beget an hundred children, and live many years, so that the days of his years be many, and his soul be not filled with good, and also that he have no burial; I say, that an untimely birth is better than he.

Psalms 113:9
He maketh the barren woman to keep house, [and to be] a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

Isaiah 54:1
Sing, O barren, thou [that] didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou [that] didst not travail with child: for more [are] the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

To me, these scriptures show us that the children who did not make this world, will be in the Kingdom. If an unborn child is better than a man whose lived 100 years, that speaks a lot. To heal my pain, I focused on how blessed I am that I have three baby's to meet in the Kingdom.
Suffering the miscarriages, I cried a lot. I did allow myself to mourn my children. However, the great news for you is that you DID become pregnant, which means you can get pregnant. After my miscarriages, I thought I was done and got rid of all my baby stuff. Low and behold, 7 months later I became pregnant which means I am 5 months pregnant now. You just have to wait on HIS time now, which is the hard part...I know.... but it builds our patience and trust in Him.

I hope this helps you, and I know really there are no words to help what you feel inside. But it's nothing we did, it's the Father being in control. Maybe sometimes He needs us to carry the children for a short while who will get an automatic pass to the Kingdom. One of my pregnancies lasted 2 weeks, another 6 weeks. He used my body for His will. My heart goes out to you, and I hope these scriptures can help you as well.

Back