• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How to find a second wife?

sage35954

My wife and I are in agreement to bring a second wife into our family, is God's plan for us.
However, we are at loss as how to find her. While we believe He will supply our need, we don't think He wills for us to sit around praying but to act on His plan.

We have tried for years to find a loving, spiritual woman too share this wonderful life God has granted us.

But our efforts have been more seek than find.

I understand this is not a dating site. But surely some of you here have experience in finding a sister wife and would be willing to share your wisdom and advice with us.

We are fulfilled as a couple but know that plural marriage is the right path for us.

We are stable, financially secure, healthy and some would even say attractive, we have more love to give. So any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Well that's the $64,000 question. I agree with you that it requires action but at the same time blessing. A lot of people ask that same question. The easy answer is the same place you found the first one but that's a little sophomoric. Since I don't have a second wife I don't know. One of my only complaints about this board is that more of those living out polygyny don't post occasionally to give the rest of us hope and encouragement by I can understand why they don't.

Keep looking though. Wives are out there.

The thought that came to mind was "where did you find the most successful relationships in the past?
Not just your wife but other friendships.
And to contrast that where did you have your biggest failures?
So it would make sense to be in a similar place to where you have had the best success.
My wife (I only have 1) and I have discussed this also but more about finding like minded friendships.
keep praying and looking
Opportunity favours the prepared mind

That's good advice MrB. I mean, if you have to go places or do things you don't enjoy how likely are you to meet someone you'll really click with?

Also, what country do you live in, and are you okay with sourcing a spouse from another country? Here in the USA, people applying for spousal visas have to declare that they are not getting into a Polygamous relationship, so find out what your local rules are, but there are countries out there where this lifestyle is far more acceptable.

For one big example, in South Africa, where the churchgoing population seems to be far more female than male, the polygamous institution is much more common. The current President of South Africa has 4 current wives, last I checked.

Okay, you might say, but you can't bring them back to a country like the USA, but what about moving your family to a more Polygamy friendly zone of the world... (scary thought? - perhaps so)

I'm not saying this is the best course of action, but I'm throwing ideas out there to spark some different avenues of thinking... I know when I've been working an issue over and over and over for years, my thought processes can get stuck in a bit of a rut.

Back