• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How to find family to join

Jeannine

Female
I was reading this site years ago and there was a matchmaking service. Is this still available? if so i am a 49 yo divorced woman looking to join a family. I am Catholic and prefer that.

Hey Jeannine, it’s nice to have you back. I’m sure a staff member will fill you in on the intricacies of the matchmaking policy and all the nuances thereof.

There’s certainly the ability to make connections here although I am not aware of many Catholic families involved in the ministry. I could be wrong though. We have all kinds here.

Welcome @Jeannine. We did advertise a matchmaking service years ago. Because of the scale of the service, behind the scenes this was quite informal, with the staff putting people in touch with others they believed would be interested in getting to know them. We can certainly still put you in touch with anybody we think you should meet.

I must admit though that for various reasons, we don't tend to get many Catholics around here. Some do turn up from time to time, but most of us are non-conformists of various persuasions. Once people have got to the point of questioning monogamy, they tend to be questioning all sorts of other traditions also, so a person who has specifically rejected the church's traditions on marriage but continues to accept enough of the rest of Catholic tradition to still identify themselves as "Catholic" is a rarity. And an open polygamist would be excommunicated from the church. So, rightly or wrongly, you'll find fewer Catholics here than other denominations. So I can't guarantee we'll know a Catholic family to put you in touch with, but we can try.

I would advise starting a private conversation with @julieb, who runs the ladies ministry but is also well placed to help you with this request. Click the "Inbox" link to the top right and you should be able to work it out, otherwise we can explain further.

Sorry not sure what to do with @julieb. I have to marry in the catholic church for my own souls belief. I came back after years of being departed. thanks

Sorry not sure what to do with @julieb. I have to marry in the catholic church for my own souls belief. I came back after years of being departed. thanks

That's quite the dilemma because you can't have a poly marriage in the Roman Catholic Church. No ordained priest will sanction such a marriage.

Back