• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I’m thinking of a song….

Here's another movie that reminds me of poly: A Woman in White with a dual role by Eleanor Parker. I can't believe I never saw this before, because the story line in this film noir is a gaslighting murder mystery. The leading man first falls in love with one woman, then another. Had poly been an option, a great many problems in the lives of the women would have been ameliorated. The gaslighting and murder aspects of the plot could have been left intact, but, in the end, he marries the second woman he fell in love with, but they leave the first woman and her fatherless child (she was impregnated by the movie's Snidely Whiplash character) uncovered like a third wheel in the life of the other two. How perfect it would have been for him to cover both women, who are cousins who have always been devoted to each other!

Back