• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I am the Sixth Heretic

Hi. I have been a closeted polygynist since before I was married. I dedicated a decade to biblical study and have since realized that my ministry consisted of focusing on the scriptures that the CCC (Carbon Copy Christians) refuse to aknowledge. I am like the biblical shock jock of the christian community. Any way for years I have been torn concerning polygyny knowing that the OT had example after example and that there seemed to be an opposing scripture in "1Tim.3
[1] This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.[2] A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"
This scripture caused me much grief until three weeks into my wifes first pregnancy. I had found the answer at http://www.biblicalpolygamy.com/
I was estatic. The desrire in my heart was nothing for me to feel ashamed of but it was the begining of alot more problems.
The majority of parishoners in my congrgation are female. Though we hold a very strict line when it comes to the authority structure there was a woman that I relied on heavily when it came to spiritual council. Any way my wife wigged out as did my councilor and back into the closet I went. But this time there was no condemnation since my desires were permissable by God.
Time passed and my daughter was Born. I found a new spiritual councilour (Another Female I dont know what is up with that) and things were good. Until a woman found her way onto my churches forum. I started teaching her scripture and showing her the truth of Gods word then we shortly realized that we wanted the same thing. We both wanted a Polygynist family. WEll here is where I screw up. I tell this woman that she should befriend my wife before we tell her that we want to get married. Basically makeing this woman start a friendship based on a lie. Smart move on my behalf. WEll my wife finds out and there was a blow out. It got pretty bad but my wife finnally came around. So now my wife accepts the fact that I am seeking another wife but is unable to trust the woman I was talking to. I am out of the closet to my wife but still closeted to the rest of the world. Not a hard secret to keep when you have only one wife.
So we are both here to learn as much as we can about how a Polygynist family works as well as leaving a door open for an opportunity to meet a woman that shares our spiritual beliefs that both my wife and I can fall in love with.
I now know that the only way this will work is if my wife loves my wife as much as I love my wife. That could be confusing out of context. God bless.
Sixth_Heretic

Welcome,

You will discover that many of us have made some serious errors in judgement while stumbling into polygyny. The last generation did not leave us any examples of how to do things the right way. I hope you will grow with us as God works on us to create a "new" paradigm for marriage. There are still many things to learn - especially in the local church. We need great wisdom!

Greetings from Florida, also, "Six". (I can't make myself call you "Heretic" - yet. :) So who are the first 5? )

Hey, my family was in Bellingham last month! OK, we drove thru, on our way from Coupeville to Vancouver. We spent 3 great days out by Mt Baker, walking in 20 feet of snow (yeah, in June). Too bad we didn't know you were there, we could have met up. Another time, hopefully.

Welcome, and I pray things go well for you with your family and your situation.

Nathan

Greetings Six,

Here on this forum you will find two things:

1. Guys who have screwed up regarding the issue of plural marriage and its implementation;

2. Grace

We are here to learn. If you are open and teachable, you will receive a lot. Also, feel free to share from your own heart and spiritual experience.

Other than that,

WELCOME!

Thanks Guys.
The heretic comes from acts 24:14
The six is a biblical riddle that I let people figure out for themselves.
I believe that All scripture should believed and that No one is perfect save jesus.
I am huge on not adding to or taking away from scripture.
My father(earthly) Always said it doesnt matter what anybody says all that matters is what the word says.
My dads teacher was a priest that became a cult leader
That cult leader died and my dad got kicked out of the cult for standing on scripture.
My dad started his own cult
I joined my dads cult when I was 21 and by twenty three I was kicked out for standing on scripture.
So now I have started my own CULT (Christaian Universal Life Teachings) To pay homage to my roots as a third generation excommunicated cult leader.
I have never cared about blending in or avoided making waves. I am only humble to scripture and believe only those that can show me the truth in scripture.
I am very happy to have a community of believers that believes in plural marriage. It is nice to have people to fellowship with.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Sixth Heretic

Side note: I went to Seminary in the NW.

Are you pastoring a church up there?

I had a church in san diego. But we had to move up north to afford to eat. Now since the chruch was based in san diego and we live in washington we have to disolve it. But I plan to start it up again when I acquire more parishoners. I have allways had a small congregation due to the fact I have a hard time teaching people what they want to hear. I always instinctively teach what they do not want to hear. I believe that it is my purpose in life to teach the least of the commandments as to separate the wheat from the chaff. So many christains just try to blend in and stay hidden. But we as christians must put or light out in the open to be seen by all men and not hide it. Man Can not serve both God and mammon. Either you want to be a part of the world or you can be one with the word. That Choice is every christians. Ok soap boxing again. I get riled up easy. Sorry.

Back