• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I don't know if I'm doing this right

Nikud

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Hi, my name is Kevin and this is awkward for me. My friends say I'm a Ludite, but I don't hate technology I just can't seem to get along with it. Posting things to no one in general kind of seems like talking to myself. Then again for most of my life that's what praying felt like. Starting a few months ago, I have been able to actually listen to God for the first time ever. Since then I have learnt that I had to give to God the one thing I thought I valued over all other things in my life, and that was my free will. I have been doing my best to submit to his will and everyday I learn the plans and ideas I had for my life were not his. The past few months have been a whirlwind with so much of my old life being left by the weighside. I've been blessed with a wonderful wife, who likes to play the part of the holy spirit when I waver in my convictions. Like I said in the beginning I don't know if I'm doing this right.

It came through. You're doing it right.

Shalom.

Welcome! Glad to have you! If you are new to the site, there is a chat on Tuesday nights for the ladies. Just let us know if there's anything we can do to help you navigate the site or whatever.

I might add that it is highly recommended to read every jot and tittle of the host website before you delve too far into posting. We are a bible-based community that accepts believers and non-believers, but some come here with little background on the core beliefs that we share, and then get uncomfortable later.

Just my 2¢

I might add that it is highly recommended to read every jot and tittle of the host website before you delve too far into posting. We are a bible-based community that accepts believers and non-believers, but some come here with little background on the core beliefs that we share, and then get uncomfortable later.

Just my 2¢
Thank you. We have been reading some on biblical Christian beliefs and that is why we came to the website. We appreciate the 2 cents. We are trying to read everything....Kevin likes to read

Welcome aboard

Hi Kevin
Welcome , good to have you here.
Don't feel awkward, change is challenging.
Be the man God wants you to be.

Welcome aboard!

Hi, my name is Kevin and this is awkward for me. My friends say I'm a Ludite, but I don't hate technology I just can't seem to get along with it. Posting things to no one in general kind of seems like talking to myself. Then again for most of my life that's what praying felt like. Starting a few months ago, I have been able to actually listen to God for the first time ever. Since then I have learnt that I had to give to God the one thing I thought I valued over all other things in my life, and that was my free will. I have been doing my best to submit to his will and everyday I learn the plans and ideas I had for my life were not his. The past few months have been a whirlwind with so much of my old life being left by the weighside. I've been blessed with a wonderful wife, who likes to play the part of the holy spirit when I waver in my convictions. Like I said in the beginning I don't know if I'm doing this right.
You're doing just fine. Just like learning to walk. You have many brothers n sisters here to help. You will fall. You will get up and before you know it running just fine. Welcome and enjoy the sight and forums. Hope to see you and others at some retreats.

Welcome Kevin!

Thank you

Greetings Kevin! So glad you figured it all out. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Back