• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I Got Standards Bro, AKA Female Delusion Calculator

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
This is a website that is using information from the US census bureau and NCHS.
Basically you put in the kind of man that you want, and this lets you know the odds of you actually finding that man.

For example.

Exclude Married
Race: Any
Min Height: 5'8"
Exclude Obese
Min Income: $80,000

According to statistical data, the probability a guy of the U.S. male population ages 20 to 40 meets your standards is
2.5%

Now, lets remove 'Exclude Married'.

According to statistical data, the probability a guy of the U.S. male population ages 20 to 40 meets your standards is
7.1%

We just nearly tripled the odds of finding someone :D

Something is off with their assumptions. All they are doing is calculating the percentage of the population that fits those particular categories. I don't think that really means anything.

If a woman is aged 20-40, not obese, not married, etc., the odds that she will find a man that fits her criteria is actually pretty good.

It will definitely help if she is nearer the 20 than the 40 in terms of age. It will also help her odds if she drops the income requirement from $80k to $50k. No being obese herself really helps. ☺️

The numbers sound terribly low, but when you look at it as 7 men out of 100, it’s not all that bad.
To bring the numbers into focus a little more, imagine a church with 100 men in the congregation. 7 of them fit the bill.

$80K a year is much higher than median last I checked. Median is around $50K per household which means a single man makes far less.

I played with the calculator a bit and think they’re actually spitting out real stats.

Average male is 5’9” in the US, so Sarah was being generous there.

$80K a year is much higher than median last I checked. Median is around $50K per household which means a single man makes far less.

I played with the calculator a bit and think they’re actually spitting out real stats.
The stats are probably correct but might still be irrelevant.

If we look at the percentage of women that are aged 20-40, not obese, single, and reasonably attractive, it will probably be a somewhat similar number.

Likely the 5% of women will match up with the equivalent 5% of men. The fact that there are 190 other people (senior citizens, children, married people, and less desirable people) around them while they do so may not matter.

Clearly not all women can have a man that is above average in height, significantly above average in income, and not overweight (especially if they require monogamy). Women that are 8+ on the attractive scale probably can.

The numbers sound terribly low, but when you look at it as 7 men out of 100, it’s not all that bad.
To bring the numbers into focus a little more, imagine a church with 100 men in the congregation. 7 of them fit the bill.
The calculator recognises that. What it ends up with is not the raw percentage, but the "delusion score". If there are more than 10% of the population with those characteristics it rates the criteria "down to earth" - you can find such a man if they're 1 in 10. Drop the height requirement down to nothing and you'll easily reach >10%. It only gives an "aspiring cat lady" rank if they're being more picky than this.

Obviously it's all a joke, but it's probably an informative one for some people.

The most interesting point from our perspective is what happens with the "exclude married" option.

This is a website that is using information from the US census bureau and NCHS.
Basically you put in the kind of man that you want, and this lets you know the odds of you actually finding that man.

For example.

Exclude Married
Race: Any
Min Height: 5'8"
Exclude Obese
Min Income: $80,000

Thank you for this! I saw an Instagram short with a guy using this to talk about delusion and hypergamy. I wanted to do a response short re removing the 'married' filter, but couldn't figure out the exact app/website he was using...

Thinking about that further - the site does not take into account people who are married but unregistered with the State - these are all statistically counted as single. So the likelihood of finding someone is actually far lower than the calculator suggests - if half the "single" guys are actually in long-term relationships, then the % of available men is half that displayed. And if that is so, then removing "exclude married" would not triple the odds of finding someone - it would increase it six times.

Sadly, no matter what inflation seems to do at the checkout, my paycheck seems to go down, not up...

Back